Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sticky? Airports where Southwest has taken over AirTran ops

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 6:39 am
Used to be hamajicky
Original Poster

Should this be a sticky? Let's start listing airports where Southwest has taken over the ground ops for Airtran.

I'll start: Las Vegas. AirTran moved to the crummy Southwest terminal and the ticket counter is now an add-on at the very end of Southwest's ticket counter.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:29 pm

FWIW, FL used to share terminal space with CO at SFO. CO is gone and WN now has the old CO gate space.

SFO got to be hurting...lots of unassigned ticket counters and probably, unused gates.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
SFO just opened a brand new terminal this year
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Dividend Miles nothingness, Amtrak Guest Rewards
For the record I don't generally fly FL or WN, but I used up a final travel voucher out of St Louis, and it appears that with the move to Terminal 2 (East), WN is handling most, if not all the operations. I flew out on 9/8/11 to CAK and returned on 9/11/11, and it seemed like there was even more of a WN 'presence' from when I got home vs when I left, but it was 11:30 PM, I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention, and this trip was the first time I'd been in the WN terminal in over a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.