FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   No more premium snacks in Business CLass? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/1243670-no-more-premium-snacks-business-class.html)

saneman Aug 2, 2011 11:59 pm

No more premium snacks in Business CLass?

My colleague at work told me that on two recent trips, the FA told him they no longer had the premium snacks they used to serve - the basket wth the kettle chips, Milano cookies, etc. Is this true?

If it is, <deleted> you Southwest.

jdawg Aug 3, 2011 6:26 am

Say it ain't so! I really liked that granola snack!

They had them on my flights last week.

RSVP Aug 3, 2011 6:47 am

A FA told me some months ago, that the contract with Pepperidge Farms cookies was not being renewed, so we would begin seeing whatever was left in the inventory.

Often1 Aug 3, 2011 6:51 am

Welcome to WN. Soon there won't be Business or any food anywhere.

saneman Aug 3, 2011 7:49 am

Man, I know it's only a couple of dollars worth at most in extra benefit to me, but it feels like more. I am beginning to feel Southwest's indifference to our type already.

Once this BC thing is fully phased out, I will have no loyalty whatsoever to Southwest. I will use them only if I am not 100% sure of a flight to avoid change fees or if I need to check in baggage or cheaper than Delta by more than a few bucks.

saneman Sep 8, 2011 11:44 am

Flew BC from ATL-PHL on Sep 2. They did have the snack tray. The FA ate the last kettle chips packet in front of us during takeoff and none were left by the time it was our turn to eat. But the hospitality as for serving drinks (hard and soft) was not as consistent and hospitable as in the past.

Also, when I asked for Icelandic Glacial Water, at first, the FA said none were left. Then she found 3 lying in one of the drawers in the FA cabin.

BillyBaloney Sep 13, 2011 10:10 pm

They will be replacing those premium snacks with silage very shortly. There is another rumor that the issuance of boarding passes will be replaced with "ear-tagging."

It is hard to let go of Airtran, even though they sold me out. I am going to enjoy these last few months nonetheless.

RSVP Sep 14, 2011 10:08 am

Flew BC, MKE-LAX a few days ago, the full assortment of snacks was served.

JDiver Sep 14, 2011 10:34 am

Another rumor is that the two cabins will be renamed - "Choice" and "Canner", as I hear it. ;)

Will ear tagging hurt?

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney (Post 17105413)
They will be replacing those premium snacks with silage very shortly. There is another rumor that the issuance of boarding passes will be replaced with "ear-tagging."

It is hard to let go of Airtran, even though they sold me out. I am going to enjoy these last few months nonetheless.

henryf Sep 15, 2011 4:14 pm

WN..the airline of ruminants?

FWIW, the BC snacks and drinks were available as usual on the Aug 25 rendition of FL325. The FA's were also wonderful

runnigel Sep 16, 2011 10:20 am

As a ruminant nutritionist, I'm liking all the cattle references...

BillyBaloney Sep 20, 2011 9:07 pm

This past weekend I flew BWI - SRQ and back and yes, they still had the premium snacks on my flights. I lucked out and was on the 717-200 both ways.

If I remember correctly, they also had the Fuji ? water (fancy water that is in the square bottle). Although I was drinking vodka and cranberry, while listening to HairNation. Got to love Airtran business class.

When it finally dies I think we need to have a funeral.

jftino Sep 21, 2011 7:17 am

Flew BOS-BWI last night and we had the premium snacks (including the cookies!) and the premium water. So they are still out there.

Often1 Sep 21, 2011 7:21 am

Originally Posted by saneman (Post 16849355)
My colleague at work told me that on two recent trips, the FA told him they no longer had the premium snacks they used to serve - the basket wth the kettle chips, Milano cookies, etc. Is this true?

If it is, <deleted> you Southwest.

The real joke is that FL convinced kettles that it really is "Business Class" and that the snacks are "premium." Come on, this is marketing hype and WN, kettle-based that it is, at least has the smarts not to try it.

newsmanhoss Sep 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 17146421)
The real joke is that FL convinced kettles that it really is "Business Class" and that the snacks are "premium." Come on, this is marketing hype and WN, kettle-based that it is, at least has the smarts not to try it.

The seats are the same as domestic first seats on most U.S.-based carriers, so the hard product is competitive.

On short haul flights, AirTran's soft product in J (snacks, drinks, etc.) is comparable to F in the legacies. Plus, gogo wi-fi is available and you get free xm radio, which not all legacies have.