HSBC Premier Airport Lounge program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HSBC Premier Airport Lounge program

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Any news to this ?

I never recieved any information about the structure mentioned above.

I would actually support if HSBC would offer their customers a Priority Pass like some financial institutions do already!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:05 am

Programs: krisflyer, spg, priority club, Hyatt Plat,
hsbc airport lounge

As stated in the posts about what would be in the HSBC lounge, the real distinctive benefit would be full premier banking services, with premier banking staff. That could be huge benefit to passengers in transit, and no need for having to get to the bank before going/after going to the airport. I know most transactions can be done from the hsbc atm, but certain international transfers and other arrangements can only be done in branch. I'd even favour a typical hsbc premier centre over a typical airport lounge in the terminal. Providing it could offer banking services 24/7.

As a side note, in certain airports in japan, indonesia, Philippines, qatar, lebanon, egypt and other middle east states simply flashing your hsbc premier master card gets you into the airport run lounges. If you check out some of the local hsbc pages (Japan, Indonesia, Egypt) you will see that they quote this as a benefit, however I've not seen this info ever posted on the UK or US sites. The good thing is that no one at the airport lounge knows in which country your hsbc card was issued so once they see "premier" "mastercard" they let you in (I think it's actually a master-card benefit, not purely HSBC). Indonesia HSBC provide a 'Priority Pass' membership benefit as one of their premier benefits.

Anyone know why the HSBC premier benefits differ so much from country to country? Considering that the customer demographic for HSBC Premier would include a lot of international travelers a universal set of benefits seems more appropriate?

At the least HSBC should collate all the local in country benefits that anyone with a HSBC card (regardless of where issued) would be entitled to.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Airportgal - I heard the LAX and JFK Five Star stuff is starting again in November for a 6 month trial. Any chance you could do something for YVR?!?!?!?!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:23 pm

Yes, that is correct. The 2009 program begins November 16. I only manage the U.S. airport programs right now but we are looking into some other international opportunities.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by AirportGal
Yes, that is correct. The 2009 program begins November 16. I only manage the U.S. airport programs right now but we are looking into some other international opportunities.
AirportGal,

Is there a website somewhere that provides documentation / more information on this benefit?

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:12 pm

Yes, there is but we are not releasing it until the last week of October. Are you and HSBC Premier client?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: QF Silver
I just received the "Coming Again in 2009 : A Holiday Gift for our Premier Clients" e-mail and am very appreciative that HSBC is doing things like this which certainly adds to the value of the Premier account.

I believe that airport lounges would certainly be a huge draw for HSBC customers compared to resources that are wasted on advertising. Was just in SYD and every airbridge was emblazoned with a huge HSBC logo, but when I looked for an HSBC ATM in the international terminal there were none to be found. I just got a "why do they bother" impression from the whole thing.

(x2 at LHR)
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

AirportGal,

Can you clarify if an HSBC Premier client from one country is eligible for airport lounge benefits that are only advertised to HSBC Premier clients in other countries? (For instance the airport lounge program offered in Japan to HSBC Premier Japan customers?)

Thank you!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:50 pm

You can use HSBC Premier benefits in most countries, providing you have a HSBC Premier Credit Card. Especially at the airports, just show them the card and they'll let you in, not as if they are going to check in which country you card was issued and they all look pretty much the same.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I know you can do that. I was curious what the official policy was about doing it though. I recall once reading about someone being turned away at one of the Japanese lounges and was just curious if that was following policy, or just a mistake.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:50 am

Flyaow,

Usually any programs HSBC does for Premier would be geared to any Premier client in any country. There are no restrictions per country as the Premier proposition is based on an internationally minded consumer.

For those of you questioning why only LAX and JFK right now, those are the only two airports where AA offers this program right now. We hope to expand into MIA an LHR in 2010.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:25 am
Original Poster

That is good news. Thank you, AirportGal.

Any chance of you considering to make the PriorityPass airport lounge access available to North American Premier clients as it is in some other markets then?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:50 am

Not at this time. Lounge access is part of the AA program.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 2:24 am

Airport gal, do you know why the benefits from all premier account countries are not published at one universal location? If there are no restrictions then HSBC would be losing out by not advertising all the other benefits that one would be entitled to in other countries when they travel.
At the moment I always to go the HSBC website of the respective country I'm traveling to see what's on offer.
Also they are not all without restriction. In Indonesia premier account members receive a priority pass membership, the only way I could get that would be to open an account in Indonesia, hmmm maybe I should or is that going a bit far just for priority pass membership?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:22 am

ferrismo,

I can only speak to Airport programs rather than Premier as a whole. Although the Premier proposition is globally universal, it is activated slightly differently within the local countries for a variety of reasons. Airport opportunities vary from country to country and airport to airport so we need to work within those restrictions in order to determine the best possible offers for our clients and prospects.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.