Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

DUB (Dublin) T1 Lounge at Dublin Airport

Old Nov 27, 2023, 3:54 am
Original Poster

My boarding pass states DAA Lounge. The DAA Lounge is actually the 'T1 at Dublin Airport'. Signage is terrible. But make a 'U' turn after exiting security and it will be in front of you. The lounge serves many mainstream airlines, is Priority Pass, with a very minimal selection of beverages and food. Very crowded and guests that can't cover their mouths when coughing continuously (not the fault of the lounge, but close quarters). Upon entering, a very careful study of the boarding pass prior to scanning it with puzzled looks (not the end of the world, but just scan the pass, as is what occurred at the end; save everyone some time). Guests were circling looking for seats, one went to sit down in a seemingly empty seat, and was chased away by the guest opposite because he didn't want anyone sitting near him. (I think I would have pushed back on that.)

Upon leaving, I guess transition to lunch was occurring. Fresh food out, like slices of cheeses and meats. Not many serving utensils placed out and the food was placed on shelves at waist level with no 'sneeze' protection. I also noticed Priority Pass members were being turned away even though the lounge was much less crowded than an hour ago.

Certainly don't get here early for the lounge experience. In fact as soon as I am finished with this post, I'm headed to the gate early.
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by lamphs; Dec 17, 2023 at 4:48 am Reason: Additional info
Old Dec 3, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by lamphs
My boarding pass states DAA Lounge. The DAA Lounge is actually the 'T1 at Dublin Airport'. Signage is terrible. But make a 'U' turn after exiting security and it will be in front of you. The lounge serves many mainstream airlines, is Priority Pass, with a very minimal selection of beverages and food. Very crowded and guests that can't cover their mouths when coughing continuously. Upon entering, a very careful study of the boarding pass prior to scanning it with puzzled looks (not the end of the world, but just scan the pass, as is what occurred at the end; save everyone some time). Guests were circling looking for seats, one went to sit down in a seemingly empty seat, and was chased away by the guest opposite because he didn't want anyone sitting near him. (I think I would have pushed back on that.)

Upon leaving, I guess transition to lunch was occurring. Fresh food out, like slices of cheeses and meats. Not many serving utensils placed out and the food was placed on shelves at waist level with no 'sneeze' protection. I also noticed Priority Pass members were being turned away even though the lounge was much less crowded than an hour ago.

Certainly don't get here early for the lounge experience. In fact as soon as I am finished with this post, I'm headed to the gate early.
I've been to this lounge a few times. It's actually quite nice when it's not busy - though it has been busy about 3 out of the 4 times I've been there. Very often they deny Priority Pass people entry due to overcrowding. There's actually two different ways you can go in the lounge - if you go left then it's usually less busy but there's no alcohol but the food is better and right where there is a bar serving alcohol and a noticeably less good selection of food.

I've been early morning, and that's the best time to go - mainly as while the airport is full of Ryanair travellers there aren't many people with lounge access then. I wouldn't not go and try and use it but (certainly if I had only priority pass) wouldn't rely on it.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:02 am

The last time I was here in before an early morning departure, I noticed a sign stipulating something along the lines of "business class passengers only, no Priority Pass." So, I had assumed it was crowded but to my surprise it wasn't. I generally like to head left and find one of those tables near the wall next to the coffee machines and, not that I'm proud of this, easy access to an Irish Coffee or two.

But, yeah, generally if it's during lunch time or the afternoon, I prefer the food court, which I just find one of the best in the airports I've frequented. The food there is fabulous, in my view.
lamphs likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 4:52 am
Original Poster

In fairness, I was there again this past Monday, mid-morning. It was much less crowded, quick entry via Priority Pass as SK does not provide lounge access. And the food selection seemed to be much better (and refreshed). I just had a water while I did a bit of work because I had breakfast at the hotel assuming that the lounge food would be bad again. For comparison purposes, I should have walked to the T2 lounge, but I was lazy as my departure gate was at the far end of T1.
Old May 6, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: BA GfL, IHG Platinum Elite, Allegiant lifetime no add ons
Suggested correction- signage is an atrocious abominable facsimile of signage... tbh it's worse than none at all because then you wouldn't be hoodwinked into trying to find your way with the signs in an endlessly futile quest, like Frodo threading his way past the giant spider's lair. They'd be better off giving the exact GPS coordinates to put into your phone. As to the lounge's actual location it's hidden away in a nook right in the midst of the exits from T1 security. In other words if you interpret the woebegone signage as leading you beyond either side of the security exits area you'd be mistaken. And meaning if you walk even 10 paces beyond the edge of either side of security you've gone too far. If you come through fast track on the right side of security (viewed from the way in to security) you need to turn immediately to your left, and as you walk toward the left side of security keep a trained eye to your left and you'll come to a little break in the security exit lanes where a tiny walkway leads to a door marked Terminal 1 lounge. Once you've located the walkway you'll spot some signs marked Lounge. If you come through regular security it's either a left or right turn immediately out of the security exit- you'll just have to keep an eagle eye out looking back toward security as you walk. And again if you've come to the end of security and not seen the little Lounge walkway then turn around and walk back across the security exits until you spot the entry. And then once you've found it, your reward of a fairly mediocre Lounge experience is all yours.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Fairly mediocre is quite generous.
Old Jul 17, 2024, 1:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
Would it be possible to get multiple guests in the lounge based on different programs?

Im flying with two coworkers from DUB and Iím the only one with both a Priority Pass and Platinum status at KLM. Would they allow me to enter the lounge under both programs, bringing a different guest each?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.