Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Capital One Lounge at DEN

Old Nov 3, 2023, 10:44 am
Original Poster

It's been open almost 2 hours, where are all the reviews?!
trooper likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:19 am

Saw comments on Reddit about not opening until 9am. So today is more of a soft opening and the lounge will have limited hours of 9am - 7pm through November 12. On November 13, the lounge should be fully open with normal hours of 5am - 9pm.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 11:15 am

Main bar and dining area.

Secondary dining area.

Unisex Bathroom

Work Room

Breakfast. Corn beef hash and acai bowl.

Lunch. Mac and cheese and teriyaki chicken.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 11:21 am

So many staff working. I assume because they just opened and still training. Food tasted excellent. Some nice work rooms available as well as a small conference room style one. I did not check out the shower room area. Quite a few families with children here, but wasn't too much of an issue. One down side was lack of power outlets around exterior window seats. I can see it filling up to capacity quite easily.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Was there earlier today. Solid food and drink, including the alcohol selection which now has a lot more complimentary than the last time I was in the DFW lounge. Design is fairly good but not great, although one big, hopefully temporary, flaw is that the lower edge of the bar level counter at the bar will mark the burgundy pain onto clothing. Learned the hard way with a pair of khakis I was wearing. Mentioned it to a staff member who was apologetic but that's it. Hoping the dry cleaner can take the stain out as I really like the pants.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lowfareair (Post # 5)
Was there earlier today. Solid food and drink, including the alcohol selection which now has a lot more complimentary than the last time I was in the DFW lounge.
More generally, how does the new Capital One Lounge at DEN compare with the original Capital One Lounge at DFW and the Capital One Lounge at IAD?

https://capitalonetravel.com/lounges...al-one-lounges
Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
More generally, how does the new Capital One Lounge at DEN compare with the original Capital One Lounge at DFW and the Capital One Lounge at IAD?

https://capitalonetravel.com/lounges...al-one-lounges
I've only been to DFW, but my overall thoughts are they are very similar (what a shock!). The design is fairly equal, although the bar color (even before I noticed the staining on my pants) feels dated rather than retro/midcentury modern. The food is better being more in a traditional buffet line rather than the merry-go-round you have to do at DFW. Drinks seem to be about equal, same with coffee. Loved that they had completely clear large ice cubes for the old fashioned

Compared to the CL in DEN, it's fairly close but CL has better drinks IMO and the Cap1 lounge has better food (plus to-go options). I'd probably come here by default until we hear lines are either forming here and/or decreasing at the CL. If those equalize, I'd be here if I'm hungrier than I am thirsty (especially if stopping by Mercantile on my Chase PP) but I'd go to CL if I'm more looking for a couple cocktails than a meal.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Is there limit on how early before a flight one can enter the lounge? or how long one can stay?
Looking on the C1 site entry requirements, I see no mention.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:35 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
Is there limit on how early before a flight one can enter the lounge?.
All visitors must present a boarding pass for a departing or connecting same-day flight. Guests cant enter with boarding passes for arriving flights with no connection. Guests can enter up to 3 hours before their departure time.

https://capitalonetravel.com/lounges...al-one-lounges > Get the details > Show more FAQs.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:22 pm

Looks nice, can't wait to try it! Hopefully they expand to opening at 5 soon as mentioned... I have a stupid early flight in a couple weeks and hope to grab a snack. Wish they stayed open a little later, I am a masochist and take a decent number of red-eyes east from Denver.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mia
All visitors must present a boarding pass for a departing or connecting same-day flight. Guests cant enter with boarding passes for arriving flights with no connection. Guests can enter up to 3 hours before their departure time.

https://capitalonetravel.com/lounges...al-one-lounges > Get the details > Show more FAQs.
AH, I didn't scroll down enough.
I wonder how people posting that they tried breakfast and lunch or sampled everything are able to eat so much in like 2+hrs (if you subtract boarding time
Old Nov 8, 2023, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
AH, I didn't scroll down enough.
I wonder how people posting that they tried breakfast and lunch or sampled everything are able to eat so much in like 2+hrs (if you subtract boarding time
From the pictures I posted above of both Breakfast and Lunch, I arrived the the Cap1 lounge around 1030 after arriving on a flight. Breakfast was still available and then they change to lunch at 1100. So was able to try both. My next flight was around 1330. Without eating breakfast in the morning and no plans for dinner until later, it was my chance to eat both meals at once.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:43 pm

Live and Lets Fly is reporting waiting lists and lines already.

https://liveandletsfly.com/capital-o...-waiting-list/

Unfortunately the DEN lounge reminds me of the IAD lounge in that they both have a paucity of seating.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Have any airlines contracted for access for their J passengers?
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I have not seen mentioned yet that the Capital One Lounge is located on Concourse A, near Gate A34.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.