Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Aspire Lounge Transborder (YYC)

Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, SPG, ClubPremier

How was your recent experience here after the Pandemic? Can an adult guest travelling with me enter for free?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 5:11 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by lastcallfordeparture
How was your recent experience here after the Pandemic?
Basically the same as before. It's an okay lounge. There are better ones (the food isn't great), but there are lots of worse ones (a lot of contract lounges are incredibly packed spaces, whereas the YYC TB Aspire lounge has furniture reasonably spread out).

Can an adult guest travelling with me enter for free?
Depends completely on the program you're using to gain access.
KDS777 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
To backup what Adam said, it's quite alright for an hour or two, never seems to be full, and the food is often pretty good IMHO for a contract lounge.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, SPG, ClubPremier
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Basically the same as before. It's an okay lounge. There are better ones (the food isn't great), but there are lots of worse ones (a lot of contract lounges are incredibly packed spaces, whereas the YYC TB Aspire lounge has furniture reasonably spread out).

Depends completely on the program you're using to gain access.
I'll be using Visa Airport Companion. I can't find info online.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 7:19 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by lastcallfordeparture
I'll be using Visa Airport Companion. I can't find info online.
Try here: https://visaairportcompanion.ca/faqs?lang=en

Can I use my complimentary visits for guests?

Yes, if your eligible Visa Card provides complimentary visits, they can be used for yourself and for your accompanying guests.All additional visits beyond the complimentary visits (either for yourself or your accompanying guests) are subject to a fee of $32 USD (subject to change) per person per visit. Applicable lounge access charges will be billed to the Visa Card connected to your Program membership at time of entry into a lounge. A receipt of the transaction will be emailed to you and you will also be given a receipt by the lounge staff (where available).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KDS777
To backup what Adam said, it's quite alright for an hour or two, never seems to be full, and the food is often pretty good IMHO for a contract lounge.
I was there twice in June and had a short wait (<10 minutes) both times due to the lounge being at capacity. Both times for flights around the noon hour. There's a pretty decent block of flights departing around that time. I suspect there could also be a bit of a wait before the big block of early morning departures as well, although I haven't been taking those flights much lately.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD4E, Avion
I was there in late June and was able to get a +1 in via the Visa Airport Companion program. The hot was alright... beats the crazy prices of the food court I guess.
KDS777 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 8:52 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I was there twice in June and had a short wait (<10 minutes) both times due to the lounge being at capacity. Both times for flights around the noon hour. There's a pretty decent block of flights departing around that time. I suspect there could also be a bit of a wait before the big block of early morning departures as well, although I haven't been taking those flights much lately.
Early AM is a zoo apparently from the anecdotal evidence I have heard.

My normal departures are between 1-3 PM so, for me, it's pretty slow in there it seems. Been spending more time in Vino Volo lately, truth be told.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I'm in the Aspire lounge at YYC Transborder now and I'm shocked to find they don't accept Star Alliance Gold. It's listed on the Star Alliance website. Only for Air Canada they said. Has this changed recently? They could at least put a big sign outside saying that the SA website is wrong, or try to get their entry there removed.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by rbakker
I'm in the Aspire lounge at YYC Transborder now and I'm shocked to find they don't accept Star Alliance Gold. It's listed on the Star Alliance website. Only for Air Canada they said. Has this changed recently? They could at least put a big sign outside saying that the SA website is wrong, or try to get their entry there removed.
Ditto. I was on a United first ticket and couldn’t get in. Shocked that there’s apparently no lounge for UA at YYC.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by pilot007
Ditto. I was on a United first ticket and couldn’t get in. Shocked that there’s apparently no lounge for UA at YYC.
I wrote to Star Alliance to complain. They thanked me for my email and said I could find Star Alliance lounges on the Star Alliance website.
Have they sacked all their staff and hired a Chatbot?
pilot007 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 3:26 am

Can Dragon Pass get complimentary access to Aspire lounge?
Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2023, 7:02 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by HSBC
Can Dragon Pass get complimentary access to Aspire lounge?
Thanks!
Would read here: https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/airports/100446

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.