Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

KLM Crown lounges in AMS (both Schengen and non-Schengen)

Old Nov 15, 22, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

I am a Delta Platinum Medallion, so I qualify as Sky Team Elite Plus.

I am flying into AMS from the US on a Delta-operated flight, and then connecting in AMS to OSL on a KLM-operated flight. According to both the Delta and KLM sites, as Sky Team Elite Plus connecting between flights operated by Sky Team partners, I am eligible to enter the KLM lounges in AMS.

I know I have to make my way from non-Schengen to Schengen to connect, but the layover is over eight hours. I was looking to book one of the sleep cabins in the non-Schengen KLM lounge to take a snooze for a few hours, and then move over to Schengen.

When I go to the KLM Lounge site to book the sleep cabin, and enter my ticket number, I am told "You are not eligible for lounge access with this ticket." After both calling and texting, nobody at KLM could tell me why the site says that - they agreed that I should have access, but their best advice was to just make my way to the lounge when I arrived in AMS, and try to book the cabin then.

I have no idea if these cabins are in high demand, so I was hoping to reserve ahead of time, just so I didn't show up day-of to be told "all the sleep cabins are booked, unfortunately."

Since no one at KLM is able to help, I was hoping someone here had first-hand knowledge that would be useful. Any thoughts? Is there a legit reason the site might be telling me I am not eligible for lounge access? Or should I chalk this up to a glitch?

Please and thank you!
Old Nov 16, 22, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold (earned), AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Don't have an answer for this one but the KLM board might be a better place to ask.
Old Nov 16, 22, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Yeah, I was on the fence about that. The KLM forum or the Lounge forum. Since the question is primarily about lounge access, and really nothing to do with my actual flight or Flying Blue, I thought I'd start here.
Old Nov 24, 22, 4:04 am

Did you post this in the KLM board? I couldn't find it - would you mind posting the link? I've got the same problem so I am hoping that there will be a sleep cabin on the basis that nobody else could have booked one either!
Old Nov 26, 22, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ohitsascythe View Post
Did you post this in the KLM board? I couldn't find it - would you mind posting the link? I've got the same problem so I am hoping that there will be a sleep cabin on the basis that nobody else could have booked one either!
Just did. I'm not glad you are having the same problem, but I am glad to know it's not just me.

Search this Thread