Search

Addis Ababa Lounges (ADD)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Addis Ababa Lounges (ADD)

Hi there,

I know recently ADD completed a new terminal. I have a 7 hour layover there next week, flying in on Ethiopian X fare and out on Saudia J fare. I Have * Gold and STE+, and I was wondering what lounge access I would have there. I know Ethiopian has some lounges there, does Saudia have access to any of them or a contract with an independent one if that exists there? Can't seem to find the information.

As well, I read that the lounges are pre security, so would I have to go through passport control and get a stamp to enter those? (Would be an irritant given the Yellow Fever restrictions in some countries.) Any info is appreciated. Thank you kindly.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by s0ysauce
Hi there,

I know recently ADD completed a new terminal. I have a 7 hour layover there next week, flying in on Ethiopian X fare and out on Saudia J fare. I Have * Gold and STE+, and I was wondering what lounge access I would have there. I know Ethiopian has some lounges there, does Saudia have access to any of them or a contract with an independent one if that exists there? Can't seem to find the information.

As well, I read that the lounges are pre security, so would I have to go through passport control and get a stamp to enter those? (Would be an irritant given the Yellow Fever restrictions in some countries.) Any info is appreciated. Thank you kindly.
You'd likely get a response within the Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines thread.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Oh I forgot to update this, on the very rare chance anyone else searches for ADD lounge options.

Lounges are not pre-security, must have been a post about the old terminal.

Was given access to the Ethiopian Star Gold lounge, which Saudia & Kenya Air contracted, so ST+ and those flying/J on those two have access. It was right next to the Cloud9 Lounge. Was passable enough, had a local buffet, local beer, (which was eh), crowded smoking room, and plenty of seating. Limited liquor options when I went, just a bottle of gin and some wine, but I assume that was just awaiting a restock. No shower in that, although I was told there was one in the Cloud9 lounge, but they didn't give me access. Honestly better than I expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.