Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Escape Lounge at FLL

Escape Lounge at FLL

Old May 31, 2022, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Escape Lounge at FLL

This lounge has been "coming soon" for some time now. Does anyone have any insight into when it will actually be opening?

https://escapelounges.com/us/locations/Fort-Lauderdale/
Old May 31, 2022, 4:12 pm

Not sure myself, but I like the departures board on the headline image showing such common destinations from FLL like Bakersfield, CA or Flagstaff, AZ.

(I'm assuming this is a re-used image from a PHX lounge mockup)

Also, the B6 737 in what is very much not a B6 livery is a nice touch:
Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
This lounge has been "coming soon" for some time now. Does anyone have any insight into when it will actually be opening?

https://escapelounges.com/us/locations/Fort-Lauderdale/
I recently messaged Escape Lounges on twitter. It will be "by fall" was their response:

Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TGARCIA2885
I recently messaged Escape Lounges on twitter. It will be "by fall" was their response:
. Thanks for checking! I frequent FLL and I hate not having any lounges near the AA gates.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:32 pm

Now open.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
I see that this lounge is in T3, but my flight departs from T2 and they are not connected airside. Has anyone used this lounge when departing from a different terminal? Will security let me through?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:30 am

Have same question as trek87.Also wondering how much time to leave to exit the lounge, clear terminal 2 security and reach gate. Flying J but do not have TSA Pre or Clear
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Firefly42
Have same question as trek87.Also wondering how much time to leave to exit the lounge, clear terminal 2 security and reach gate. Flying J but do not have TSA Pre or Clear
Flew out from terminal 2 yesterday and can report:
  • Passed into terminal 3 just fine. Escape Lounge is left past security.
  • Took about 10 minutes to clear security each time, seemed decent
  • Lounge had nice design, but was crowded and poorly ventilated. (Whole airport has poor ventilation)
  • Shower was out of order, but shower room seemed nice
  • Food did not seem appetizing
  • Lounge had wifi and speeds were decent
  • Ample sized bar, service seemed good, though did not have anything this time
If I were doing it again I would just go in terminal 2 and wait at the gate. Was less crowded. Flight was business class and had plenty of better food on the plane. However, this time I did have work to do and so was glad to have the wifi. Airport wifi didn't work. Also, would be an easier call with TSA Pre, which I don't have.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Visited the lounge today and it was pretty bad. Note that today was Monday, Jan 2, so it was the last day of "Christmas vacation week," so the lounge may have been busier than usual.

Arrived at about 9am and it was clear that there was going to be a wait. The poor woman at the front desk took as many people as quickly as she could, but she was overwhelmed. There was a DYKWIA in front of me ("been waiting 45 minutes!" "I work for NBC!") and had a "discussion" with the manager, who had clearly had this fight more than once. Is there such a thing as a "deserved DYKWIA," one who is a DYKWIA but has some legit complaints)? They were clearly understaffed, though. There were about ten empty tables, but they were still putting names on a waitlist. My new DDYKWIABFF walked around taking pictures of all the empty tables. Apparently, that was good enough to get the manager to start clearing the wait list. We got in in about 10 minutes.

Seating was fine, due to aforementioned empty tables. Later, it began to fill up and when we left around 10:45, it was tougher to find a seat.
  • Food was awful, but we had nothing to worry about since it never got refilled, anyway. Some sort of breakfast taco, an unidentifiable egg dish, some sad-looking cut-up fruit and a canister of pink grits.
  • The bathrooms were closed the entire time that we were there.
  • Lounge Wi-Fi didn't work. Had to get in through the airport Wi-Fi.
The usual lounge complaints, just at an airport without a lot of good alternatives.

Mike
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:38 pm

The lounge was unappealing.

Last edited by Clipper801; Feb 20, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:29 pm

My wife was traveling alone and texted me she was turned away at the door and told she must have a black card to enter.

Does any one have any idea what might have happened here?

She has her own Plat card issued under her name. She is not into traveling or credit cards so did not push back and just said ok.

Scratching my head about what could have happened here. Any ideas?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 8:17 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dval44
,,,,,turned away at the door and told she must have a black card to enter.
It's possible that the lounge was approaching capacity, but still admitting Centurion cardholders, though not Platinum cardholders, at that specific time.
SPN Lifer and dval44 like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by mia
It's possible that the lounge was approaching capacity, but still admitting Centurion cardholders, though not Platinum cardholders, at that specific time.
Oh, interesting. Didn't know that could be protocol as I haven't run into that before. Thanks.
Old May 24, 2023, 7:25 pm

Since getting platinum and experiencing lounges for the first time, this was my first escape one. I used it on arrival and before I left FTL.

very packed and not comfortable seating at least on the couches I sat on - there wasnt much available. It was cool getting free food but most of it wasnt that great. The one guy running around doing drinks and cleaning up was super nice and helpful though. I cant see paying for this ever and it definitely wasnt any kind of oasis from the airport. Very loud.
realworld likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:12 pm

I have a five + hour layover with my wife and 4 year old. Debating getting a pass to here. For the 4 year old, do they give any discount or is it a hard and fast rule- I sure can't justify paying $120 for the three of us from what I read here, but figured I would ask

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.