Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Update: SweetWater Mountain Taphouse at Denver Airport (DEN) has joined Priority Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update: SweetWater Mountain Taphouse at Denver Airport (DEN) has joined Priority Pass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.

https://onemileatatime.com/guides/pr...s-restaurants/
Old Dec 3, 2021, 11:23 am

Here's the page on the Priority Pass site: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...ntain-taphouse

Didn't see that coming! The food doesn't look nearly as good as the options at Timberline but I'm grateful to have anything. I walk past the stalled Plaza Premium Lounge, soon(?) to be a Capital One lounge all the time. I've been waiting for that place to be finished ever since we lost Timberline but as far as I can tell they haven't touched the place in ages. Hope to see construction starting up again soon; I'll probably jump ship from Chase to Capitol One if the lounge ever gets finished.

Edit- $13 for a soft pretzel, the audacity!
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Any reports or recommendations here? I should be stopping by today as I connect in DEN
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:14 pm

http://www.cintl.com/Menus/SweetWater_DEN_Menu%20.pdf
That is the Qr code menu link from the tables. My flights were on Frontier in the A concourse, this is in the B concourse all the way at the far end by Gate 79b next to Starbucks. The gates looked like all UA Express gates. There is seating on one end with a view out of the airport with several UA Express jets and there a section a front of restaurant just looking into the terminal. It was a long walk and I had to take the shuttle train in-between concourses.

You get $28 to spend. If you look at the menu, it's enough for a beer ($10) and an entre ($14 Cheese steak and fries) $3 (soda) which Is what I got. I debated getting cheesecake dessert instead of the beer but figured I've been getting too fat. Could also squeeze in just appetizer and entree with just water or I suppose two entrees. I left a good tip bc it's "free" and I had 4 refills on my Diet Coke. You can leave a tip on credit card even if there is no overage. They out a one cent charge so I could add tip. I made it $7.77 total. I read that a lot of people stuff at these PP restaurants bc they think it's included, don't know they can use credit cards, or whatever reason.

​​​​
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:50 pm

Nice, must be a recent change on the .01 charge, was there a couple months ago and just signed the bill and left cash (thankfully preplanned with cash). Its a decent restaurant other than how far its down the B concourse and I mostly fly SWA out of C.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by figment7
Nice, must be a recent change on the .01 charge, was there a couple months ago and just signed the bill and left cash (thankfully preplanned with cash). Its a decent restaurant other than how far its down the B concourse and I mostly fly SWA out of C.
You have to ask them to leave tip on card. They don't offer it or list it as option. I know a lot of places will do it bc I have a lot of restaurant gift cards I've had to use over the years and just ask them to put a few cents on the credit card so I can tip with that. Also have done at buffets in Vegas where I want to leave a tip after I eat so I can base it on how service was (you have to pay when you get in and they ask if you wanna leave tip there which I don't bc I wanna know if I'm getting drinks refilled quickly or if person disappears for a half hour and I end up thirsty.
figment7 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:32 am

Sweetwater visit? (will try to visit 30 Jan)

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
Any reports or recommendations here? I should be stopping by today as I connect in DEN
How was your visit?

I will try to visit at the end of Jan or early Feb and leave feedback. Will also try to check out progress of the Capital One Lounge in Concourse A as well.

Sweetwater menu views here: https://www.restaurantji.com/co/denv...ium-hub-/menu/

Last edited by optimilez2016; Jan 22, 2022 at 11:33 am Reason: better wording
Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: hahaha
Not American here so I'm trying to figure out tip culture a bit more, especially in the context of PP. Speaking of the $0.01 charge, let's say I only spend $10 on the beer there and have $18 in Priority Pass credit remaining. And I want to leave to catch my flight. Could I ask them to make up an $18 pretend charge to generate revenue for the restaurant? Would they appreciate that over a tip? Would it be against the PP-restaurant agreement?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by asovse1
Not American here so I'm trying to figure out tip culture a bit more, especially in the context of PP. Speaking of the $0.01 charge, let's say I only spend $10 on the beer there and have $18 in Priority Pass credit remaining. And I want to leave to catch my flight. Could I ask them to make up an $18 pretend charge to generate revenue for the restaurant? Would they appreciate that over a tip? Would it be against the PP-restaurant agreement?
From what I understand, the restaurant gets the full PP credit no matter how much you order. There is no additional revenue to the restaurant for a pretend charge.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Reaching
From what I understand, the restaurant gets the full PP credit no matter how much you order. There is no additional revenue to the restaurant for a pretend charge.
Don’t the restaurants receive less than the stated maximum PP credit of $28?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by TGarza
Don’t the restaurants receive less than the stated maximum PP credit of $28?
Yes, restaurants receive less than full credit, so should have worded my response more clearly. But that's not the same as saying the reimbursement depends on how much the guest orders. I think the restaurant gets a set reimbursement per swipe. Here's what I found from a blog post:

As a general rule of thumb, restaurants are reimbursed about ~80-90% of the credit amount, so if you get a $28 credit you can expect the restaurant is getting about $23 of that (the restaurants are giving the discount due to the volume of business they’re getting from this).
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: hahaha
Great peace of mind, thank you both for chiming in
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
In case someone is curious about the menu. The place is simple but the staff is nice and the prices are quite reasonable.

pudgym29, krazykanuck and lsquare like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by hyedmd
In case someone is curious about the menu. The place is simple but the staff is nice and the prices are quite reasonable.
staff is nice but also very slow sometimes. First time it seemed the bartender was the host and only waiter. Got in and out in 20 min sitting down to eat.
Went today, at least 4 waiters working. 30 min to get seated with 4 people in line in front of me. 15 min to get order taken. Over 20 min to get food. Then she forgot I ordered dessert. 20 min to get check. Over 90 min total time
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:50 pm

is the credit 28 per person for priority pass members through amex(bonvoy brilliant?)

i think i get my pass + guest, do we each get 28?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.