Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One Lounge at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by chrisny2
FWIW, I recall seeing lots of AC crew in Plaza Premium Lounges in Canada.
As I said, crew are currently allowed. But it's C1's lounge, so they set the entry policies, PPG just administers them.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Stopped by today to see what they had on offer to eat. Also had access to the flagship lounge and the food choices were better at C1 lounge than flagship.

Lounge was maybe 40% full so it wasn’t bad.

food definitely better than the Flagship lounge and it filled me up till my next flight.

chrisny2 and FlyFreakquently like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Nice to see they are still consistent at the CAPX. Did not know the FL was finally open in DFW.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
I was told that the Denver lounge is coming in November/December and would be located at the A terminal near Lavazza.
Old May 4, 2022, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by hyedmd
I was told that the Denver lounge is coming in November/December and would be located at the A terminal near Lavazza.
T_T that's late... I wonder when the IAD lounge would open. I thought I read summer 2022 somewhere but who knows with supply chain issues. I feel we would've gotten more info since it's already May. I fear I'm being overly optimistic hoping for early summer since I have a lot of summer travel via IAD. Even July or August would be welcome!
hyedmd likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Skramer86
T_T that's late... I wonder when the IAD lounge would open. I thought I read summer 2022 somewhere but who knows with supply chain issues. I feel we would've gotten more info since it's already May. I fear I'm being overly optimistic hoping for early summer since I have a lot of summer travel via IAD. Even July or August would be welcome!
Unfortunately, I haven't asked about IAD. I'll ask next time I go to the lounge.
Skramer86 likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 4:41 pm

I was told that the Denver and IAD Lounges won't open until Q4, or maybe 23Q1. My manager contact still won't confirm or deny the rumored fourth location.

The DFW Lounge has been very full or virtually full during parts of my last three visits. The peak seems to be between 1:30-3:30 PM. Lots of J passengers for the LH and AF departures.

Both the morning and afternoon menus have changed. RIP the bibimbap, which I liked.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:29 pm

In the DFW lounge now. Really nice. Have not been to a lot of lounges to compare, but this is easily the best I have been to. The service staff are very attentive and busy keeping things clean, keeping tables cleared, refreshing the food. Bar staff are efficient and are pouring good drinks. I am glad I flew DFW instead of DAL. I have easily gotten the value out of my Venture X card between lounges and travel credits.

Also, Charmin in the bathrooms!!!

Last edited by chris_grr; May 15, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:23 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I've got a long layover in DFW this Nov. Does the Cap One lounge limit access to x number of hours before your departing flight?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by aau
I've got a long layover in DFW this Nov. Does the Cap One lounge limit access to x number of hours before your departing flight?
  • You need a boarding pass for a departing flight in order to be able to access Capital One Lounges
  • You can only access Capital One Lounges within three hours of a flight’s scheduled departure
I think the three-hour rule also applies to connections, unlike the Centurion Lounge.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Plan to head there tomorrow. Anyone have recent experiences about how busy it’s been?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: aa dl wn
We were there last Tues (Aug 3) from 10-12 - This is my 3rd visit this year. It is still fantastic. It was about 35% full - but plenty of room without being cramped.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I have never been to this lounge and not had a long wait for bathrooms. My sense it’s a combination of two factors: (1) obviously, lower number of facilities for size of the lounge and (2) since they are all nice suites, people seem to take their time!
Old Oct 15, 2022, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by chris_grr
In the DFW lounge now. Really nice. Have not been to a lot of lounges to compare, but this is easily the best I have been to. The service staff are very attentive and busy keeping things clean, keeping tables cleared, refreshing the food. Bar staff are efficient and are pouring good drinks. I am glad I flew DFW instead of DAL. I have easily gotten the value out of my Venture X card between lounges and travel credits.

Also, Charmin in the bathrooms!!!
Originally Posted by c2hubbard
We were there last Tues (Aug 3) from 10-12 - This is my 3rd visit this year. It is still fantastic. It was about 35% full - but plenty of room without being cramped.
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I have never been to this lounge and not had a long wait for bathrooms. My sense it’s a combination of two factors: (1) obviously, lower number of facilities for size of the lounge and (2) since they are all nice suites, people seem to take their time!
everyone should take their time to enjoy this cap1 lounge in its current form while it lasts because its going to get massively pulled like all other lounges. nobody should be surprised. based on their current luxurious offerings and over the top presentation / amenities list, the costs to maintain a lounge at this caliber must be staggering. its impossible to sustain a lounge that rivals many J/ F lounges. this lounge is everything amex cent wishes it was. now its an empty shadow of its former self. very similar to cards like CSR and Citi Prestige. huge intro, then dies.

cap1 simply wanted to flex and get into the game with a big lux showtime loss leader lounge to gain attn, traction, social proof, etc etc for its products. soon, this place will become a zoo. 99% of amenities removed and reduced. maybe cap1 will also require 75k annual spending for guests? who knows, but i can clearly see the future is dim. cap1 is a subprime lender. this lounge is simply ad expense.

the first time i witnessed the take out open fridge with individual lux containers, sandwiches, drinks, desserts and bags/utensils available, i almost sprayed human waste into my underwear.

the real question is the length of their runway. how long are they willing to sustain YoY losses to maintain their DFW image? i would say about 24 months until we see some cost cuts.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
the real question is the length of their runway. how long are they willing to sustain YoY losses to maintain their DFW image? i would say about 24 months until we see some cost cuts.
Honestly I've always seen CapitalOne to be a value brand vs a luxury brand, similar to Costco. They are trying to figure out how to attract more affluent customers, which means having an airline lounge program.

I would not be surprised if the runaway was infinite due to their corporate culture trying to genuinely improve the life of customers. This is not unlike their CapitalOne Cafes in many US cities which offer unique value to customers and have been sustained for many years.
jebr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.