Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass is essentially useless now

Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club

It seems like Priority Pass is basically useless now, especially for North American travelers. No lounge at LAX? 1 lounge at ATL amongst all terminals, no lounges at PHX or PHL, being denied from lounges due to capacity.

What has your experience been recently? Do you think this more than just covid related?
Rudyroo likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:29 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
....Do you think this more than just covid related?
No, because discussion started in 2107: Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Did Priority Pass ever have more than one lounge at ATL?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by mia
No, because discussion started in 2107: Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating

Did Priority Pass ever have more than one lounge at ATL?
First, I apologize, you can merge this thread if deemed necessary. I don't know about Atlanta but at one point they had several lounges at LAX.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I posted in an O'Hare lounge thread last week that I got rejected at both the T5 lounged initially but eventually got in the Swissport one a half hour later.

Today I went in and the sign was turned away announcing capacity. When I showed card, they said they weren't accepting priority pass again and now the sign is displayed in front.

Good thing is I planned ahead this time and have empty water bottle in case I end up with nothing to drink before my flight.

​​​​​​Edit:
Naturally, just after posting this I get into Air France lounge.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Sep 16, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:29 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

There is some discussion of the LAX situation here: LAX - Priority Pass and other options

Priority Pass's USA coverage has been weak since they lost access to all of the domestic airlines' clubs (except Alaska Airlines which is also gradually leaving). I think they had made a good effort though opening more The Club locations, and enrolling restaurants as an alternative to lounges, but many of the restaurants seem not to have survived the pandemic.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:41 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by mia
Priority Pass's USA coverage has been weak since they lost access to all of the domestic airlines' clubs (except Alaska Airlines which is also gradually leaving). I think they had made a good effort though opening more The Club locations, and enrolling restaurants as an alternative to lounges, but many of the restaurants seem not to have survived the pandemic.
For what it is worth I think "The Club" along with Centurion lounges for that matter, have been oversold by credit card companies. If there is a line to get in, and it is standing room only once inside, does not feel relaxing or for that matter exclusive.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:01 pm

I like The Club Lounges. The one at SJC is perfect. They have an extensive bar and no upcharges for premium drinks. Other domestic lounges don't have Campari or Kahlua let alone Cognac. The self serve coffee machine is decent and the food offerings are good . I don't need a full meal. I like the shower and the comfortable seats at A15 with s runway view. It could be worse
Artpen100 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Has anyone noticed an increase in PP lounges overcharging for guests? Our visits to the AF lounge at SFO using CSR-affiliated PP this year came with being charged (on CSR accounts) for an additional guest even when the visitor count was PP card holder + 2 guests per PP card swiped.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:40 am
mia

Originally Posted by GUWonder
....visitor count was PP card holder + 2 guests per PP card swiped.
Did the lounge provide paper receipts?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mia
Did the lounge provide paper receipts?
I don’t recall for that specific lounge, as I haven’t been doing the signing in at that one, but I suspect they did offer something those times. At other PP lounges this year when I’ve been doing the checking in I’ve more commonly either gotten paper receipts or asked if I want the receipts.

Maybe it’s a product of new or recalled (after a long break) staff counting incorrectly when loading in visitor numbers and/or the PP card presenters just signing whatever was given to them. At $27 an additional person, that PP lounge was definitely not worth it when hit with fees for those phantom visitors.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I guess I'll start asking for receipts now after seeing this thread.
patentjd likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 5:47 am

I haven't seen it yet this year. Just went back to double check. I always travel with 2 guests (wife and child) - nothing at ATL, MIA, or IST. Maybe some lounges are miscounting number of guests? A few years back I had to correct one where they had listed 3 guests when it was 2 guests (3 total).

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Has anyone noticed an increase in PP lounges overcharging for guests? Our visits to the AF lounge at SFO using CSR-affiliated PP this year came with being charged (on CSR accounts) for an additional guest even when the visitor count was PP card holder + 2 guests per PP card swiped.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:11 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
I've had PP with a credit card for about three years now. I've used the PP exactly once at minutes suites just to get away from the airport crowd. Otherwise, I only ever see discounts at electronics stores, for awkward airport massages, or for restaurants that I have little interest in trying.
Parterre likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
I use PP all the time. During the last 2 years with significant international travel (50+ countries), it's been priceless.

I can't remember how many lounges my fiance and I have visited.
Even in small airports like EBB - the PP lounge is quiet and has wifi.

I used to use it at PDX weekly for free food too, before leaving the US.

It's a free perk from a few premium cards, why would you complain about it?
dollar and js1993 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:53 am
mia

Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
It's a free perk from a few premium cards, why would you complain about it?
Nothing is free, Priority Pass is included in the cost of the credit card. Most of the complaints are about the domestic USA lounge coverage,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.