Reload this Page >

Saddest airport lounge you have ever visited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saddest airport lounge you have ever visited

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by CMK10
Hawaiian's Premier Lounger at OGG is pretty bad
Just tried out the OGG lounge for the first time and would have to agree with all the previous comments. Struggling to think of a more uncomfortable domestic lounge that I've been in.

Hot, stuffy, with almost every seat taken, and wifi that varied between extremely slow and non-functional.

I spent about 10 minutes there which was probably 9 minutes too long and then left go to sit out in an open air section of the terminal where it was much more comfortable.
SPN Lifer and mtofell like this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Dave510
You're right. I've avoided routing through ORD for so long I didn't realize they now have both a much improved Flagship Lounge and a Polaris Lounge. Still curious why AMEX hasn't built a Centurion there yet. It's probably the airport most in need of it.
That makes sense...now. Lol. The Polaris Lounge at ORD is excellent (well..pre COVID anyway!)
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The Jet Lounge in VIE. I posted a review of it somewhere in the forum. It has the worst lighting ever--cold fluorescents that make everything look unreal. Cramped. Worn out. The plants are plastic, obviously.

And currently closed. No great loss.

Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
And I'd add the Maple Leaf Lounge in Toronto that's past U.S. immigration--good lord. My one visit, it was absolutely filthy. The dirtiest airport lounge I've ever experienced. Plus cracked, worn furniture, scratches and scuff on the walls, torn and stained carpet . . . the works.
packet1009 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by hotturnip
The Jet Lounge in VIE. I posted a review of it somewhere in the forum. It has the worst lighting ever--cold fluorescents that make everything look unreal. Cramped. Worn out. The plants are plastic, obviously.

And currently closed. No great loss.
I've been to this lounge. Not great. No windows and the food options are not "premium." But I wouldn't call it the saddest. Decent coffee/drink selections, some not-great food, okay seating (more comfortable seating away from those tables) and good wifi.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 2:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
All of you griping about HA’s lounge at OGG have obviously never visited the one at ITO. OGG is actually the best of the neighbor island Premier Clubs!
Old Jul 25, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Penang
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by kstateinALB
The IASS lounge at HNL would definitely be on my list for this. Not great.
And TBH think it is nicer than the HNL Plumeria lounge. But really want to check out the ANA lounge at HNL when it reopens!
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by mia
I've been to all the lounges that were at BLR (including that one) before the renovations and I recall it being perfectly decent. Probably had the best food of the domestic lounges, and my parents thoroughly enjoyed the vada and there was a fresh dosa station, if I'm recalling correctly.

It certainly beat the pants off the United Club at ORD that I would nominate as the worst lounge I've been to. I visited at some point after the removal of showers and was greeted with sad cheese cubes following a *A partner F flight.

Last edited by Beltway2A; Jul 29, 2021 at 10:28 am
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by ck8
No photos but the Colorado Springs (COS) "Mortgage Solutions Premier Lounge" is essentially just a quiet place to sit. There are times where there is not even a check-in person, you just write your number on a clipboard.
OMG yes. Good lord this place is pitiful. I have to give you a photographic tour of shame.

1980s-style "juice" machine

Decimated soda fridge

The extent of the snacks

You better NOT want more than one of those awesome snacks.

No bathroom, no decor from this millennium, no use.

Last edited by nineworldseries; Jul 25, 2022 at 2:59 pm
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
The basement AF/KLM lounge in BOS is quite pitiful...dingy lighting, no window views (blocked off due to Terminal E expansion), extremely limited food selection, desserts have long gone stale, and now highly crowded due to the fact that Delta no longer has enough space at A to service all of its international flights and has moved several to E.

The worst part is that this is the lounge that Qatar J pax are supposed to use, since QR/BA don't have a lounge agreement in BOS and therefore QR J pax aren't allowed to use the much better BA lounge. In fact, the BA lounge dragons in BOS are known to deny entry to oneworld elites flying QR, even though they should have access by oneworld rules.

Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I've been to all the lounges that were at BLR (including that one) before the renovations and I recall it being perfectly decent. Probably had the best food of the domestic lounges, and my parents thoroughly enjoyed the vada and there was a fresh dosa station, if I'm recalling correctly.

It certainly beat the pants off the United Club at ORD that I would nominate as the worst lounge I've been to. I visited at some point after the removal of showers and was greeted with sad cheese cubes following a *A partner F flight.
Can second the BLR international business lounge as quite good, even post-COVID reopening (I visited two weeks ago) - food tasted super fresh, agents were friendly, nice and clean ambiance.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR

Here’s my entry. The Passport Club at SAV. Yes, this is the entire lounge. The only snack’s available are chips ahoy cookies behind the lounge dragon, and coffee water and tea.
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Here’s my entry. The Passport Club at SAV. Yes, this is the entire lounge. The only snack’s available are chips ahoy cookies behind the lounge dragon, and coffee water and tea.
Amazingly it's better than the former Passport Club at SAV they had in the 2000s

Back then they only had water too
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by CMK10
Amazingly it's better than the former Passport Club at SAV they had in the 2000s

Back then they only had water too
Wow, that looks like the quiet room they'd send you to at school. At least the lounge had cubicles --you cant say that much of even some of the nicer lounges fwiw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.