Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Is Oneworld Business Class Lounge @ LAX being used for Air France Business class pax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Oneworld Business Class Lounge @ LAX being used for Air France Business class pax?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood/Marriott Gold, AA, DL

Hi there,

We are leaving to go to DBV via CDG on AF. I have read several reports saying that instead of using the subpar Sky Team lounge, that they have been directing Biz class passengers over to the One World Lounge. Can anyone confirm that they are doing this or was this just a one off for the few people? TIA.
Old May 12, 2021, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
They used the QF lounge at one point (I don’t know if this is the one you are referring to the OW lounge), but I believe this lounge is closed for a while because QF stopped most international flights. So I think they are back to the KE lounge.
Old May 12, 2021, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
They used the QF lounge at one point (I don’t know if this is the one you are referring to the OW lounge), but I believe this lounge is closed for a while because QF stopped most international flights. So I think they are back to the KE lounge.
Is the KE lounge open now? It looked thoroughly closed last I was at TBIT a few weeks ago.
Old May 13, 2021, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fumje
Is the KE lounge open now? It looked thoroughly closed last I was at TBIT a few weeks ago.
no idea. I looked at SkyTeam site and it shows it as open (but we know how unreliable it could be). KE site shows it as closed, so I would tend to think it is indeed closed.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Well hopefully we will have an update from someone soon, now that Rona restrictions get lifted in LA county tomorrow.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:05 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by awinner
Well hopefully we will have an update from someone soon, now that Rona restrictions get lifted in LA county tomorrow.
None of the oneworld, star or skyteam lounges in TBIT are currently open. (And the Centurion Lounge just closed for the time being as well.)
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 11:42 am

please "unconfuse" me

Originally Posted by dw
None of the oneworld, star or skyteam lounges in TBIT are currently open. (And the Centurion Lounge just closed for the time being as well.)
Flying First on BA/AA codeshare out of LAX on Aug 5th (heading to LHR then on to Athens). Is it to my benefit to check in at the BA desk or the AA desk?
I am trying to get the best Lounge for my first class ticket. Thank you!!
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by bvmcginnis
Flying First on BA/AA codeshare out of LAX on Aug 5th (heading to LHR then on to Athens). Is it to my benefit to check in at the BA desk or the AA desk?
I am trying to get the best Lounge for my first class ticket. Thank you!!
Hi,

What is your operating carrier ( BA or AA) or flight number you are ticketed under as you will check in with the operating carrier.
The only lounge available will be the AA lounge in Terminal 4 or Alaska in T6 ( even if the BA flight is leaving from TBIT- there is an airside walkway betwen TBIT and T4 then airside passage ways to T5 & T6)

Regards

TBS
bvmcginnis likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

What is your operating carrier ( BA or AA) or flight number you are ticketed under as you will check in with the operating carrier.
The only lounge available will be the AA lounge in Terminal 4 or Alaska in T6 ( even if the BA flight is leaving from TBIT- there is an airside walkway betwen TBIT and T4 then airside passage ways to T5 & T6)

Regards

TBS
Thank you for your response. Ticketed by AA as well, but operated by British Airways. 777. BA280/AA6991
Which AA lounge is that? Oneworld? And it's first class, not a combo of bus/1st?
Thanks, again
Old Jun 27, 2021, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your response. Ticketed by AA as well, but operated by British Airways. 777. BA280/AA6991
Which AA lounge is that? Oneworld? And it's first class, not a combo of bus/1st?
Thanks, again
As post 8 above. Joint first, business and by status. The QF F lounge is clased
Many OW LAX lounges are temporarily closed
Link--->https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LAX

Edit
Another on the same topic-->Lounge in LAX tonight?

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jun 27, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Old Jun 27, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Thanks, again
Hi,

You will check in at TBIT with BA ( then after security take the airside walkway to T4 and the AA admirals club) ( also oneworld)
The normal lounge at TBIT for First Class pax ( Qantas F) is closed and likely to remain closed until Qantas restarts international service. In fact IIRC all lounges at TBIT are closed currently

The AA lounge is now serving both Business/First plus Oneworld elites plus AA club members. Food options available will probably be described better on the american airlines forum.

I think compared to normal precovid times with First class lounges the AA lounge will be a step down but a lot better than sitting in the general terminal area ( and hopefully not too bsuy)

Regards

TBS

PS at heathrow after transfer security you will get access to the Concorde Terrace ( access through Galleries First lounge) as the normal Concorde Room is closed ( lack of demand) ( keep your BA F boarding pass from LAX-LHR just in case to show the receptionist)
bvmcginnis likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 3:15 pm

Hi,

You will check in at TBIT with BA ( then after security take the airside walkway to T4 and the AA admirals club) ( also oneworld)
The normal lounge at TBIT for First Class pax ( Qantas F) is closed and likely to remain closed until Qantas restarts international service. In fact IIRC all lounges at TBIT are closed currently

The AA lounge is now serving both Business/First plus Oneworld elites plus AA club members. Food options available will probably be described better on the american airlines forum.

I think compared to normal precovid times with First class lounges the AA lounge will be a step down but a lot better than sitting in the general terminal area ( and hopefully not too bsuy)

Regards

TBS

PS at heathrow after transfer security you will get access to the Concorde Terrace ( access through Galleries First lounge) as the normal Concorde Room is closed ( lack of demand) ( keep your BA F boarding pass from LAX-LHR just in case to show the receptionist)
Oh, thank you so very much. Maybe there will be a few changes between now and 5 weeks, but at least I have a direction.
Since there is no 1st class LHR to ATHens it is only business class ticket (which is still great) but I am sure LHR lounge will accept my first leg ticket. We have a 5 hr layover.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by awinner
Hi there,

We are leaving to go to DBV via CDG on AF. I have read several reports saying that instead of using the subpar Sky Team lounge, that they have been directing Biz class passengers over to the One World Lounge. Can anyone confirm that they are doing this or was this just a one off for the few people? TIA.
For an AF business class flight, OP would be entitled to use the DL SC in T2. Unfortunately, they (there's now an annex one where the VS lounge once was) tend to be crowded now and TSA airport security in T2 can be a mess. However, DL runs an airside shuttle between T2 (IIRC it's gate 21) and TBIT, so you would only need to do airport security once, in either TBIT or T2. Landside, it's a short walk between TBIT and T2.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold

TBS
And neither are really worth a special trip unless you have a long long time to wait.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For an AF business class flight, OP would be entitled to use the DL SC in T2. Unfortunately, they (there's now an annex one where the VS lounge once was) tend to be crowded now and TSA airport security in T2 can be a mess. However, DL runs an airside shuttle between T2 (IIRC it's gate 21) and TBIT, so you would only need to do airport security once, in either TBIT or T2. Landside, it's a short walk between TBIT and T2.
That's my intention. 630pm flight, plan on being there by 230-3ish, check in over at Sky Priority @ TBIT, walk over to T2, spend 90-120 minutes over there, then take the shuttle near gate 21 over to TBIT. From the pictures I've see lately. it looks like they are using the new gates/expansion area for this flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.