Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

DFW Terminal E | Plaza Premium Lounge

Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Press release, 8 September 2020
https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...-lounge-concep

The World’s First Common-Use Airport Lounge Concept Plaza Premium Lounge Debuts in the USA at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport

The flagship brand of the pioneer and industry leader of airport hospitality services Plaza Premium Group, the world’s first common-use airport lounge concept Plaza Premium Lounge makes its debut in the USA on 1 September at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, following the Group’s airport meet and greet service ALLWAYS launched last year. The latest opening is the 18th location joining the Group’s lounge portfolio in the Americas with locations currently in Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg of Canada, and Rio de Janeiro of Brazil.

“USA market is always part of our strategic plan to expand in the Americas. We have been communicating with DFW Airport while our team worked to ensure the new hygiene protocol is in place when we are ready to open. This is certainly a good time to introduce our Skytrax-winning Plaza Premium Lounge experience to travellers as the airport’s domestic traffic resuming steadily since April. The latest airport statistics showed there were more than 3 million domestic passengers in July 2020. Combining ALLWAYS meet and greet services, we are now able to present a seamless airport hospitality journey at the airport.” says Song Hoi-see, Founder and CEO of Plaza Premium Group.

“At DFW Airport, our focus on the customer continues to drive our business strategies, programmes, enhancements and partnerships,” said Ken Buchanan, EVP of Customer Experience and Revenue Management of DFW Airport. “We welcome partnering with Plaza Premium Group because their hospitality services are highly respected. We are confident the Plaza Premium Lounge will be a popular destination in Terminal E.”

Located near Gate E31, it is the only common-use airport lounge in Terminal E with a two-minute walk away from Skylink connecting travellers to other terminals. Guided by the Group’s “We Care for Your Wellbeing” campaign, the newly opened lounge implemented heightened hygienic measures to take care of travellers by encouraging social distancing, assisting guests at self-serve food counters and ensuring all common touched areas are disinfected frequently.

Occupying more than 1,400 square feet, the WiFi-enabled space with lounge chairs and dining seating offers charging pods in addition to AeroBar with high chairs, creating zones to suit different travellers’ preferences when they depart and transit at the terminal. AeroBar is accentuated with a 3D ceramic illustration portraying the shape of Texas map, offering a drink menu of wines, liquors and beers including local brands with the likes of Rahr, Shiner and Dallas Blonde or Italian Lavazza coffee. As part of heightened hygienic measures, pre-portioned and pre-packaged food items are offered at the self-serve counters.

Opens between 6am and 1pm daily in September, Plaza Premium Lounge DFW can be accessed with eligible American Express card and select travel pass. All travellers can also book in advance on www.plazapremiumlounge.com or walk-in for 3-hour use at USD45, while younger guests aged between two and 11 receive 30% off and each paying guest gets one complimentary access for a child aged under two. From opening month to 30 November 2020, all walk-ins and online reservation is entitled to a 30% discount. Operation hours will be modified from October onwards, for details, please contact the lounge team at +1 972 973 6468 or email [email protected].

Guests visiting the new lounge can join the app-based Smart Traveller, Plaza Premium Group’s Global Airport Rewards Programme, via downloading for free on Apple Store and Google Play to receive a welcome 100 bonus points to unlock a new way of rewarding experiences including 20% off each following visit at Plaza Premium Lounges globally, double points in birthday month, year-round member benefits, and many more.

Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:05 am

Here right now. Very basic cold breakfast stuff such as fruit, some cereal bars, milk, bananas, apples, danish, bagels, and croissant. I'm sure I've missed something.

They just transitioned to lunch which is a selection of various chips, a turkey or ham sandwich, some brownies, a small mixed green salad, and a hummus sandwhich. Basic but complementary. Can't complain.

Budlight and Coors light are the house "free" beers you get without having to pay and upcharge.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by block51
Here right now. Very basic cold breakfast stuff such as fruit, some cereal bars, milk, bananas, apples, danish, bagels, and croissant. I'm sure I've missed something.

They just transitioned to lunch which is a selection of various chips, a turkey or ham sandwich, some brownies, a small mixed green salad, and a hummus sandwhich. Basic but complementary. Can't complain.

Budlight and Coors light are the house "free" beers you get without having to pay and upcharge.
I'm sure offerings will improve post pandemic. Were the meals prepackaged?
Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I visited last Sunday 10/25

The lounge is between Gates E30 and E31 down past NK and F9 by where AA has some of their Eagle flights

It's a fairly small space basically consisting of one long room.

There's a full bar and some light snacks.

Interestingly some people wandered in and were allowed to buy the food and drinks to go and then leave despite not having a membership. Overall it was nice especially as I was on United and the DFW UC is currently closed.
Prospero likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
So this is nothing like the lounge in HKG in terms of food selection?
Old Jun 20, 2021, 9:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seawolf
So this is nothing like the lounge in HKG in terms of food selection?
I imagine it's improved somewhat since I was there last October in terms of food but I think it's extremely unlikely this lounge could be compared to HKG in terms of food or frankly anything else.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
The Plaza Premium lounge in DFW is joke. Smallest lounge I have ever seen.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
It is more like a small restaurant. Stopped by in the morning this past Saturday. They had how breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns. The food was OK. The space is quite small. Maybe can hold 20-30 people. PP gets you The Club in terminal D. 1 hour at the Minute Suites in E and D. I have been here twice and only because my departure was in E with UA. I like the The Club in D which has buffet style hot food and has decent food. The UC in E is also nice. The Centurion in E is crowded regularly and the food quality has gone down. Been there twice also.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
When did this join Priority Pass? Pretty sure it wasn't in the program when I went through DFW April 2022. I noticed there's a restaurant in PP too "Drew Pearson's Sport 88."
Edit:
After reading thread, I guess The Club is better. We'll see if 2 hours is enough to hit PP restaurant and both lounges. I'll skip The Club if I don't have time bc I've been there before and I have to take tram to get there and come back for F9 gates.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Jan 19, 2024 at 11:59 am
Old Jan 19, 2024, 12:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
....Priority Pass? Pretty sure it wasn't in the program when I went through DFW April 2022
Correct. Plaza Premium lounges did not accept Priority Pass from June 2021 through June 2023: Plaza Premium ending Priority Pass, LoungeKey access [now reversed for PP]
rhwbullhead likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
When did this join Priority Pass? Pretty sure it wasn't in the program when I went through DFW April 2022. I noticed there's a restaurant in PP too "Drew Pearson's Sport 88."
Edit:
After reading thread, I guess The Club is better. We'll see if 2 hours is enough to hit PP restaurant and both lounges. I'll skip The Club if I don't have time bc I've been there before and I have to take tram to get there and come back for F9 gates.
When my DfW departure flight is in C, I use E TSA Pre which is always shorter than C Pre. I visit both places with a to go order. C general line is often quicker than C Pre.
rhwbullhead likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:43 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Yeah this place is tiny but the Priority Pass restaurant was smaller. I wasn't hungry but tried the food. Some braised thigh and potatoes. There were also some desserts and wraps. I got a beer and a tequila sunrise. Luckily it was right to my gate bc I got to gate with 5 mins before they closed doors.

Usually there's a long line at end of F9 boarding but there were only like 5 people standing by counter and a bunch sitting around. I guess those five were paying for bags. Plane is like 30% full.

​​​​
Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:35 am

Based on the photos, it seems Plaza Premium has better food options than the club? It's been a while, but I recall the club being very basic. Mostly soups and cold items.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:04 pm

Yeah just tried out the plaza premium. The food selection is small and simple but everything was better than any dish I’ve had at the club and overall above average for priority pass . That is a bit of a backhanded compliment but still the food is imo firmly in the not bad category .

I did miss the jarred bar snacks at the club though . The club also has a better included drink menu, especially beers . The PP only had coors light included .
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:31 am

I haven't tried The Club at DFW. I was at Plaza Premium on 1/23/24 as I had a 4 hour layover in DFW. I was on AA First Domestic, so no lounge access included in my ticket and I wasn't about to pay the $79 or whatever AA wants now for Admirals club.

As others have said, this lounge is tiny. It was very full when I was there. Drinks were pretty good (cocktails). Food selection limited, but they did have some turkey sandwiches and cookies which definitely held me over. You have to use the restrooms in the airport, but I think there was one fairly close by.

For a "free" lounge, it's not bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.