Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gyms in airport lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:48 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I was going to mention the gym in OSL Domestic lounge. But it is badly maintained and more of a gimmick. Nevertheless it is a first step. I am all for having well maintained and equipped gyms in hub airport, this would be very popular in my opinion with a segment of the population. This could also be airport amenity available to all travellers.
dmitriy55 and Duke787 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Wow, that's a real gym at OSL! Thanks for posting that.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Impressed by that OSL gym at least from the pictures.

I've always wondered why this wasn't a thing. It would be a great co-brand opportunity for a company like Equinox or Planet Fitness. Partner with DL or AA or UA and create a small co-branded gym in their major lounges the way the spas have done with some success. Could even find a way to have cross-over similar to the hotel/airline crossovers we've seen over the last 5 years. Maybe DL elites get 1-2 free passes a year to use at the standalone locations as they travel to different cities. Maybe bundle gym membership (airport + standalone) with a airline club membership. There's lot of potential revenue and synergy opportunities in my view.

I have to imagine that many of the type A frequent fliers utilize gyms frequently while on the round (either in the hotel or by having memberships to places like Equinox, Golds, Planet Fitness, etc., that have lots of locadtions).
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:24 pm

Hope I'm not breaking any rules about bumping a 1 1/2 year old thread, but was searching to see if any Airports lounges had gyms as I'll be having some 8+ hour layovers. I did come across this recent article listing airports that have gyms or some type of fitness places. Not necessarily in the lounges, but access to them in the airport.

https://financebuzz.com/best-airport-gyms
mia likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by diverg
Hope I'm not breaking any rules about bumping a 1 1/2 year old thread, but was searching to see if any Airports lounges had gyms as I'll be having some 8+ hour layovers. I did come across this recent article listing airports that have gyms or some type of fitness places. Not necessarily in the lounges, but access to them in the airport.

https://financebuzz.com/best-airport-gyms
And remember due to the Pandemic, many facilities are not operating with full facilities.

Thanks for sharing that article!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:55 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Damn I’m trying to keep one of those quiet I want the pool to myself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.