Search

Using Alitalia Lounge at LIN when boarding an exit-Schengen Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum
Using Alitalia Lounge at LIN when boarding an exit-Schengen Flight

Hello!

I will be travelling from LIN to LCY in May, and my travel companion and I are both SkyTeam Elite Plus. Since this is an international flight, we technically have lounge access.

For those of you who have traveled through LIN airport recently after construction, how easy is it to enjoy the lounge before proceeding to the exit-Shengen immigration.
Preliminary research suggests that we will leave from a bus gate, but I also know the airport is very small.

What should we expect? Looking for insight from people with personal experience,
Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Used the Alitalia lounge (the one upstairs) on a LIN-LCY itinerary and it was fine logistically. Just add 10 minutes to the walk to your gate for the immigration check. You probably don’t need that extra 10 minutes but it’s good to have that buffer just in case there’s a wait.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum
@Oakshadow, thank you! I actually have both a US and Italian passport, so I would say even my immigration check would be faster because we just use the eGates, however my travel companion only has a US passport so he'll have to be processed like normal. Good to know it's only about 10 mins from the lounge to gate though, I figured this was the case because I've been to LIN quite a bit, but never exiting Schengen. Thanks for confirming!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.