Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

First-class U.S. to Mexico City - SL access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First-class U.S. to Mexico City - SL access?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Question First-class U.S. to Mexico City - SL access?

Hi, kind of a newbie on lounge access. I am flying first-class to Mexico City from RDU through Atlanta on Delta, and returning the same way. I have Priority Pass.

From what I have read, international first-class does grant SL access for the travel day, while most domestic flights do not (with some transcontinental exceptions). What I am not sure of is whether Atlanta to Mexico City is in the "international" category for this purpose. I would think so, but would like to verify that before the trip for planning purposes.

Also, if anyone is familiar with the Atlanta->Mexico City route on Delta, is it practical to reach a PP lounge, or more trouble than it's usually worth? My layovers are under two hours.

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:39 am

You'd probably have more luck posting this on the DL forum. TheClub at ATL is pretty easy to reach with a 2 hour layover, especially if you ha EA Global Entry/Pre-Check for the return flight.
Yoshi212 and Keith Jordan like this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:02 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keith Jordan
Hi, kind of a newbie on lounge access. I am flying first-class to Mexico City from RDU through Atlanta on Delta, and returning the same way. I have Priority Pass.

From what I have read, international first-class does grant SL access for the travel day, while most domestic flights do not (with some transcontinental exceptions). What I am not sure of is whether Atlanta to Mexico City is in the "international" category for this purpose. I would think so, but would like to verify that before the trip for planning purposes.

Also, if anyone is familiar with the Atlanta->Mexico City route on Delta, is it practical to reach a PP lounge, or more trouble than it's usually worth? My layovers are under two hours.

Thanks!
I used the Minute Suites (PP) lounges in ATL last year. Dingy space, but I did conk out for a spell (they give you an hour free, at least with my PP account).

Can’t comment on the SL lounge thing, but recent flying experience to Mexico leads me to say no.

ATL is a miserable airport, so at least you don’t have such a long layover.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Keith Jordan

Thanks!
MX seems to be in the INTL category in the SkyTeam rules but Delta doesn't seem to include it, do you have SkyMiles Gold or higher? If yes then that'll get you access.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
ATL is a miserable airport, so at least you don’t have such a long layover.
Curious on what makes ATL miserable? Sure Concourse D is run down but the rest of it is quite pleasant and works well.

I'll take it any day over JFK, LGA, EWR, MIA and even ORD.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
MX seems to be in the INTL category in the SkyTeam rules but Delta doesn't seem to include it, do you have SkyMiles Gold or higher? If yes then that'll get you access.
Unless something has changed very recently, a delta first ticket to an international destination except for the Caribbean or Palau gets SC access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.