Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Plaza Premium First Lounges - Co-Pay?

Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am planning to visit the Plaza Premium First lounge in KUL. I'll also be interested in using the upcoming one in CGK (not yet open). And I guess, eventually I'll find my way into their first lounge in HKG.

Two questions:

1.) What is the best way to access these?

I understand if you use PP, a co-payment will be required. But it seems to vary between different Plaza Premium First lounges. Then I got an Amex Platinum. That CC usually gives access to Plaza Premium lounges. But I didn't find anything on their First lounges. On their website, a few CCs are listed. But my card is not on any of those lists.

2.) How do you judge the quality of these lounges?

I found a few reviews on the HKG one. Those reviews were quite positive. Then I found one review on the KUL one which wasn't quite as enthusiastic.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:49 pm

the regular PP @ HKG is overcrowded but food is still good with good variety

main draw for PP-First @ HKG is to get away from the crowds, plus some better food

the regular PP @ KUL is crowded too in the evening (long line outside, waiting to get in). food isn't as good as the regular PP HKG one, and not as much variety

didn't pass by the PP First @ KUL, can't say if there is a buy-up. their website says MYR69 to buy up - if you have PriorityPass, it qualifies under that program

https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...ppfkul-upgrade

the 1-2 reviews for PP First @ KUL looked good - dunno if i would pay the buyup though
FlyerTalker324193 likes this.

Last edited by paperwastage; Nov 17, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by 8mh
I am planning to visit the Plaza Premium First lounge in KUL. I'll also be interested in using the upcoming one in CGK (not yet open). And I guess, eventually I'll find my way into their first lounge in HKG.

Two questions:

1.) What is the best way to access these?

I understand if you use PP, a co-payment will be required. But it seems to vary between different Plaza Premium First lounges. Then I got an Amex Platinum. That CC usually gives access to Plaza Premium lounges. But I didn't find anything on their First lounges. On their website, a few CCs are listed. But my card is not on any of those lists.

2.) How do you judge the quality of these lounges?

I found a few reviews on the HKG one. Those reviews were quite positive. Then I found one review on the KUL one which wasn't quite as enthusiastic.
At least six months ago, my US Amex Platinum required an additional fee (HKD 80?) for the HKG PP first lounge. FWIW the Centurion was standing room only.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 4:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Any updates on buying up?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 12:09 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Last year I was able to access the KUL PP First Lounge with my Venture X card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.