Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Would you be interested if a lounge is operated/branded by a hotel?

Old Nov 3, 2019, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Confirmed

Cathay Pacific has promoted the Peninsula catering in their HKG lounges for a while, although they are both owned by the same group. Now instead of a Polaris, a SkyClub or a Senators lounge, what if we see a Ritz-Carlton club or a Grand Hyatt style catering and services, just like how a hotel lounge would be operated?

Would this also mean a good commercial chance to impress potential customers?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
The Four Seasons Lanai happens to operate a lounge in Honolulu. I'm not aware of other lounges operated by hotels for their customers, but would not be surprised if they existed albeit infrequently.

With notable exceptions (beach + snow destinations) most premium hotels cater towards business versus leisure travelers who tend to minimize downtime at airports imho. Not surprised few hotels operate lounges.

Also, for a while the Imperial Palace catered the OZ lounge in Seoul; for what it is worth I think the quality has declined since they left while it is still excellent.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by SKRan
Cathay Pacific has promoted the Peninsula catering in their HKG lounges for a while, although they are both owned by the same group.
As a note, I do not believe The Peninsula is part of the Swire group (which is the largest shareholder of CX).

But to answer your question, it might add some value if the hotel in question has some great ratings for their restaurants. Another thing is if there is some links between the airline and the hotel in question. For example Raffles Hotel and Singapore Airlines might work, just as Peninsula and Cathay Pacific. Though the downside is it could just become a marketing gimmick.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the AF La Premiere (IFC) lounge at CDG T2 is catered by the Michelin starred restaurant in Plaza Athenee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.