Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

New: Sleepbox at IAD (Priority Pass) 2019

Old Sep 30, 19, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

So yesterday after I visited the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, I decided to visit the Sleepbox, which was recently added to the Priority Pass Network.

Let's cut to the chase.

Rates
  • The first hour is free for Priority Pass members.
  • Subsequent Hour is $24 for Priority Pass members.
  • Priority Pass members get a significant discount for extended stays (12 hours or longer) - I added screenshots from the app showing the Priority Pass discounted rates.
  • Non-PP members, the hourly rate is $25.
  • Quite expensive for an overnight stay or longer - I would stay at the hotel instead.
  • I can't find the rates online. They didn't have the menu either. So please check the rates and confirm before booking.
  • A credit card is required for incidents (sort of like checking in at a hotel).
Amenities
  • Basic bedding (clean room and tidy though).
  • No Shower
Here are some photos:

Sleepbox at IAD

The Sleepbox - Compact Room Type

Inside Sleepbox
Abidjan likes this.
Old Sep 30, 19, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
@johnsw1988, thanks for the detailed review. How was the soundproofing? I'm thinking my primary use-case would be for an hour of work calls. Often the lounges are too noisy for that.
Old Oct 1, 19, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjmadison View Post
@johnsw1988, thanks for the detailed review. How was the soundproofing? I'm thinking my primary use-case would be for an hour of work calls. Often the lounges are too noisy for that.
Hi jjmadison, actually I didn't really notice the noise issue. The hallway in the terminal is pretty quiet anyway. But perhaps I was too sleepy from waking up early, so I just fell asleep. :-P
So yeah, I think you can make phone calls without any issue there.
Old Oct 19, 19, 8:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz President's Circle, AVIS First
Originally Posted by jjmadison View Post
I used one of the sleepboxes to make conference calls. The Sleepbox #8 is not soundproof as I was able to hear the woman giving a tour next door. But I did enjoy the peace and quiet away from the crowds, especially from the airport lounges. I would definitely come back next time. Here is my brief video of the Sleepbox at Dulles. I hope you like it.
jjmadison likes this.

Search this Thread