Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass access without going into the lounge

Old Sep 16, 19, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I have a situation where I am Star Gold and I have Priority Pass. There are 5 of us traveling together, with the other four having neither status or Priority Pass. I can bring in one person to the Star Gold lounge, and in theory I can bring two guests with me using Priority Pass. It would be nice if all of us could get lounge access.

My question: can I go to the Priority Pass lounge with three people without accessing it myself? I could then go to the Star Gold lounge with the 5th person, getting us all lounge access. Otherwise, only four of us would get access (i.e. I'd bring 2 people into the Priority Pass lounge and then exit to the *G lounge). I feel like Priority Pass would be more lenient than Star Gold - correct me if I'm wrong. It would be cool if I could let two people into the Star Gold lounge and then access the Priority Pass lounge with the rest.
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Highly unlikely to work. PP allows primary plus guests. As with most lounge networks, I believe the guests are supposed to leave if the primary leaves, although this isn't likely to be enforced unless there's misbehavior of some sort.

If lounge access is important, I'd recommend bringing an extra guest into the PP lounge (the additional guest fee will be charged to the CC connected to your PP), and then quietly sneak out afterward. This should get everyone into a lounge without any awkward rejections by the desk.
Old Sep 16, 19, 11:40 am

My suggestion would be to use intermediary sites like Lounge Buddy and get everyone into one lounge.... The cost isn't that much and would be easier to deal with than trying to figure out how to get everyone into a lounge and how to collect everyone when the time comes. If you REALLY want to, you can always split the cost of what.... $52? by the five of you? $10 to get into a lounge is a steal if it's a decent lounge. You can also check your collective credit cards as some of them may have a free entry...
Old Sep 16, 19, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
The rule is "cardholder plus guests", so while you could ask the PP lounge about letting guest #3 go in your name, they would have every right to deny that. I'd look into the possibility of your PP membership letting you pay for an additional guest, or buying the fifth person access if the lounge in question offers it.
Old Sep 18, 19, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ti
Similar question: If a lounge is both *G and PP, could you use guest privileges of both the *G (+1) and PP (+2 in my case), for a total of 3 guests?

Search this Thread