Reload this Page >

New restaurant at SEA, north terminal [Bambuza Vietnam Kitchen]

Old Sep 6, 19, 8:03 am
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Bambuza is now open for PP members in SEA. https://www.portseattle.org/blog/bam...amily-inspired
nookanaya likes this.
Old Sep 20, 19, 7:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Looks pretty good. A bit pricey for what it is otherwise but the PP credit would go reasonably far.

howeverrrrrrrr.... Iím an Amex PP, and I was turned away.

I know, I know... was really just curious how this whole thing works, how they know if youíre AMEX or Chase or whatever. They were very apologetic and polite and said ďOh youíre an Amex person, sorry.Ē

Anyways: looks fresh and tasty. Off I go to ďthe club at SEA.Ē 🤣

Last edited by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant; Sep 20, 19 at 7:50 pm
Old Sep 23, 19, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Visited last week. Not bad for airport Vietnamese food. The noodle and salad dishes were basic but hearty and satisfying. They were out of all appetizers and we didnít try the banh mi. I brought two guests and we had a hard time getting close to the $84. There is ample prepared food, takeout drinks, and snack food selection, in addition to the made to order menu. I asked and they said everything is eligible for the PP credit.

When ordering food, one great detail is you order from the counter (McDonalds fast food style), so there isnít an expectation of a 20% gratuity. They were very thankful for the $5 cash I deposited in the tip jar. The group in front of us ordered (not with PP) and didnít tip at all.

There is also a small bar where you can sit, but it was full when we were there. 20% gratuity would of course be expected there.

Last edited by jjmadison; Sep 23, 19 at 10:12 pm
Old Oct 11, 19, 9:16 pm

Let me preface this by saying my wife of 15 years is Vietnamese and I know my way around a bowl of Pho. Bambuza is a restaurant concept that started down the road here in Portland by some good folks (I think there might even be a distant cousin relationship to my wife's family). Anyway, the locations away from PDX airport are outstanding and they make some seriously good, authentic food. The abbreviated version in the airport has good (not great) Pho and the secondary offerings (Pad Thai, etc.) have been downright terrible when I've tried them. Bottom line for me is even a mediocre bowl of Pho while traveling is better than just about anything else you will find at an airport but I'd stay away from thing other than the soup.

Search this Thread