Reload this Page >

Is the Schiphol lounge worth visiting?

Old Sep 3, 19, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC

Hi folks,

I fly occasionally for fun, a few times a year but not enough for status with any airline. I do have a Gold Amex, though, and that gives me Lounge Club access.

I have only used it once, so far, at Sofia, because the lounge at that airport gave me access to something that I couldn't get anywhere else airside. I was the only person there.

So I've got two shiny new Lounge Club passes for this year, and my next flight is HUY - TXL via AMS.

I'm staying overnight at HUY, up too soon for breakfast, and I don't anticipate being in the airport long enough to use their lounge. I'm more than happy with the regular departure lounge at HUY anyway with it being such a tiny airport.

I've heard that the lounge at Tegel is rubbish.

So that leaves me opportunities to experience the lounges at Amsterdam during the transfer. I have a 2h10 transfer outward, and 2h40 on the return.

I'm guessing that a reasonable amount of this transfer time will be eaten into moving round the airport from non-Schengen to Schengen, and I have to be at the gates in a timely fashion. I also quite enjoy being in Schiphol airport.

However, I'm conscious that I might be a bit peckish by then, and might fancy a look at the Schengen Lounge on the way over. I'm also conscious that on the way back it's quite a long day, dinner time, and I might be tired, so I might fancy the non-Schengen lounge.

I'm not sure how likely I am to pay for lounge access in the future, but if I've tried it and had a good experience, I might try it again.

Is it worth my while giving the Aspire lounges at Schiphol a go, especially for maybe an hour? What's there likely to be to eat at either 9am or 6pm? Or, realistically, will I have a better time in the airport and saving my passes for another time?

Realistically, what do I get in the lounge that I don't get at the airport - especially as I quite enjoy being in the airport, outwards at least.
Old Sep 3, 19, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AF Silver, AA PlatPro
The Aspire lounges are both just okay, with the non-Schengen one better. If I wanted a full meal, I would not look to them for that. Also, both can be crowded depending on the time of day. And they may bar PP users when it is too crowded. You can look them up on the loungebuddy app. That said, to me, they are better than sitting at the gate, what with free snacks, drinks, reading material and electrical outlets.
Old Sep 3, 19, 3:00 pm

Schengen - Aspire Lounge Amsterdam

Hi,

I used the Aspire Lounge, Schengen, at Schiphol at the beginning of the year. As mentioned in the last post about Priority Pass members, I am one of them and used it.

i used the lounge late afternoon, early evening. The lounge had quite a few people in it, but it wasn't too busy.

There was hardly any noise, snack food was fine, including rolls, meat etc. The seats are comfortable and there are points for charging up your phone.

It's not a bad lounge to pass the time in, if you are waiting on a flight. It's slightly dark and not too bright, if you are feeling tired you can easily relax.

I agree with the last post it generally is an ok lounge.
Old Sep 4, 19, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC
Originally Posted by Artpen100 View Post
The Aspire lounges are both just okay, with the non-Schengen one better. If I wanted a full meal, I would not look to them for that. Also, both can be crowded depending on the time of day. And they may bar PP users when it is too crowded. You can look them up on the loungebuddy app. That said, to me, they are better than sitting at the gate, what with free snacks, drinks, reading material and electrical outlets.
I think, chances are, I'm more likely to use the non-Schengen on the way home.

Where is it in relation to the silly bus holding area that they make us hang around in for the Cityhopper flights? Not sure what gate number, D6 or thereabouts? How late will I have to leave to board?
Old Sep 4, 19, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AF Silver, AA PlatPro
Never taken that, but the non-Schengen one is near the E gates.

Search this Thread