Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

What are the chances of getting into WIngtips Lounge at JFk outside of hours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

So, taking an early am Delta and saw that there is a lounge at Terminal 4 thathas hours from 15:00 - 20:00 daily. Outside these hours, the lounge may not be able to accept Cardholders. What are my chances of getting in for an early Delta flight? Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Strange, I was there last month at 6am and didn't have any trouble getting in. There were maybe about 6 other people in the lounge at that hour. However I don't recall those hours being mentioned when I visited. It seems like 3-8pm would be their busiest time period, so it's possible that's an error in the information. It's also possible they're trying to fire Priority Pass customers.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:39 pm

You misread it - access is restricted between 1700 and 0100 hours, meaning you should be fine outside of that.

I take it back, Amex lists the restrictions above for PP, but PP lists the hours mentioned. I think it's an error and theyeant to say the opposite. In other words, they are open 24/7 and the big TATL bank is shortly after the time they specify as the only hours it's restricted. I'd expect it to be blocked then and open to PP other hours, especially something like 4am on a Sunday.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lowfareair
.... I think it's an error and theyeant to say the opposite.....
They also provide a telephone number, which makes it easy to clarify:

To check the status prior to visiting the lounge, please call +1/718-751-4222.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AS - MVPG
Originally Posted by nookanaya
Strange, I was there last month at 6am and didn't have any trouble getting in. There were maybe about 6 other people in the lounge at that hour. However I don't recall those hours being mentioned when I visited. It seems like 3-8pm would be their busiest time period, so it's possible that's an error in the information. It's also possible they're trying to fire Priority Pass customers.
Likewise at a near-same time. The app does mention the new time restriction, but the front desk gave me no trouble. I know it was previously un-restricted (or at least not restricted in the morning), so I wonder if they either 1) didn't get the memo, or 2) don't care, 3) some combination of 1 and 2.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:52 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Hmm, I will be there with a +1 around midnight this Friday...should we anticipate issues entering?

TIA,
BmB
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:15 pm

In my limited experience with trying to use lounges with PP outside of stated hours or when they are 'full', it's sometimes possible to talk your way in as one or two even if there is officially no access at the time or a 'no PP' sign is up. Definitely in USA, being British is helpful, or turning on the charm in an understated manner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.