Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

One World Lounges in LHR

One World Lounges in LHR

Old Aug 24, 19, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, American, Advantage, Lufthansa Miles and More, Amtrak GuestRewards
One World Lounges in LHR

Hi there

I have a 3 hr 55 min layover in LHR. I am flying into LHR on AA flying Business Class and leaving LHR on BA flying Club World.

Although I am only transiting through London enroute to my final destination, I would like to take advantage of the shower facilities at the arrivals lounge in LHR.

If I clear immigration through the e-gates (I am a US citizen), proceed to the AA Arrivals lounge for a quick shower and breakfast, would I have enough time to turn around and make it back to Terminal 5 to catch my BA flight?

Also, can I double dip lounges? As in, use the AA Arrivals lounge in T3 and the BA Galleries lounge in T5 for a free massage?

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 19, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hdoraisamy View Post
I have a 3 hr 55 min layover in LHR. I am flying into LHR on AA flying Business Class and leaving LHR on BA flying Club World.

Although I am only transiting through London enroute to my final destination, I would like to take advantage of the shower facilities at the arrivals lounge in LHR.

If I clear immigration through the e-gates (I am a US citizen), proceed to the AA Arrivals lounge for a quick shower and breakfast, would I have enough time to turn around and make it back to Terminal 5 to catch my BA flight?

Also, can I double dip lounges? As in, use the AA Arrivals lounge in T3 and the BA Galleries lounge in T5 for a free massage?
Better to look in BA forum. Lounges is a common topic.
BA Forum Dashboard Post 9 down the bottom

If 3:55hr is between scheduled arrival & schedule departure need to keep an eye on time if going through immigration & then back in / conformance.

AA thread LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR
Old Aug 24, 19, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, American, Advantage, Lufthansa Miles and More, Amtrak GuestRewards
Thank you for the pointers on the lounges - those are very useful indeed! I agree that there is an element of risk, perhaps it is better I just take advantage of the complimentary spa in T5B and ditch the arrivals lounge.
Old Aug 25, 19, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Thank you for the pointers on the lounges - those are very useful indeed! I agree that there is an element of risk, perhaps it is better I just take advantage of the complimentary spa in T5B and ditch the arrivals lounge.
Hi,

Depending on your BA destination , your BA flight may not leave from TB ( it could be T5 A or C).. But T5B spa is likely to be quieter than T5 A and then you can walk on the underground passageway back to T5A ( or from T5 B you can walk or take the train to T5C

( some BA flights leave from T3 but I assume you have checked that your BA flight is a T5 flight)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 25, 19, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Thank you! My flight is to Chennai, India which would be T5. BA's website doesnt indicate the gate number or the terminal number for some reason when i look at the flight status. I guess I dont mind the walk either way
Old Aug 25, 19, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Thank you! My flight is to Chennai, India which would be T5. BA's website doesnt indicate the gate number or the terminal number for some reason when i look at the flight status. I guess I dont mind the walk either way
Hi,

Chennai will probably be from the B or C satellite gates ( the A gates ie the main T5 building is mainly short haul with a couple of gates for long haul) . If you see gate A10 announced you will be bussed to the aircraft . You will probalby not know the gate until you reach T5 from T5 by bus ( addtional security check for cnnecting passengers with a fast track line for premium pax

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 26, 19, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much!

Search this Thread