Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Departing CDG on United, terminal 1, priority pass

Old Aug 10, 19, 11:12 am
Original Poster

I will be flying United out of CDG tomorrow. Apparently terminal 1. I have Priority Pass. Iím staying at the Hilton CDG, and thought there was a shuttle to the airport but apparently it only goes to terminal 2. But thereís apparently a train station on which I can take CDGVAL directly to terminal 1? From there it sounds like I can use my Priority Pass at the Star Alliance lounge, which is after passport control but before security. I assume I can check my suitcase before I go to the lounge? Is there any part of this plan that doesnít make sense? Iíll be relying on the lounge for breakfast, so hopefully if the lounge isnít letting people in, there is still somewhere to buy breakfast?
Old Aug 10, 19, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Atkitch View Post
From there it sounds like I can use my Priority Pass at the Star Alliance lounge, which is after passport control but before security. I assume I can check my suitcase before I go to the lounge? Is there any part of this plan that doesnít make sense? Iíll be relying on the lounge for breakfast, so hopefully if the lounge isnít letting people in, there is still somewhere to buy breakfast?
I wouldn't count on the Star Alliance lounge accepting PP members. Logistics suggest you'd have to clear security to have breakfast. A recent anecdote illustrates the challenges.

Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
Denied entry to CDG Star Alliance lounge On 8/8/2019 at 15:00, flying CDG - DUB on EI. Lounge dragon did not mention capacity control as reason but that entry not possible on Aer Lingus. ??? Priority Pass info does not state that entry is dependent on airline or routing...
Old Aug 10, 19, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
From the Hilton to T1, you indeed take an automatic train called CDGVAL. You have a station very close to the Hilton. You will then reach T1 in 5 min. Then you check-in, go through passport control and security close to the gate. The *A lounge is between those 2. I don’t know if they accept PP but I suppose you have made your own research. Even if they accept it, your admittance is not guaranteed in case the lounge is crowded. If you are denied access, there are of course other places where you can buy breakfast.
Old Aug 11, 19, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks for everyoneís help. We did indeed take the CDGVAL, which was pretty easy, even with luggage, although the signs from the hotel to the train couldíve been a little clearer/more frequent. We left really early so we would have time in the lounge, but it was for naught, because United wouldnít let us check in for a good half hour. Maybe longer. By the time we got through passport control, we were starving. The happy ending is that we did get into the lounge in enough time to get some coffee and breakfast, and they did let us in. Currently in the security line. Note that the Star lliAance lounge is now on level 10 Ė all of the reviews and even the Priority Pass app information says level 11, but that is not correct.
LegalTender and Goldorak like this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AF Silver, AA PlatPro
There is also a PP Salon ICARE lounge near the Star Alliance one. The Star Alliance lounge was recently renovated, though I would mostly describe it as spruced up. They changed the entrance to the level below, rather than make you enter at 11 and then go down some stairs. Loungebuddy says both PP lounges are "time limited" but not what times. I've gotten into the Salon ICARE with PP in the mornings (just to see what it was like - very crowded).

Definitely take the CDGVAL to Terminal 1 if your hotel is one of the ones in walking distance of the station.
Old Aug 15, 19, 7:29 pm

Assuming one can get in to either of the PP lounges in T1, which is better?

iCare? or Star Alliance?
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerJ View Post
Assuming one can get in to either of the PP lounges in T1, which is better?

iCare? or Star Alliance?
*A without hesitation.
Old Aug 16, 19, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AF Silver, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

*A without hesitation.
Definitely agree. The ICARE is smaller, and much more crowded. Food can be okay at breakfast, but not as good as Star Alliance. (I admit, I have been known to check out all the available lounges at airports during long connections, just for future reference.)

Search this Thread