Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Flying United Economy for a *A Gold Member

Old Aug 8, 19, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

As title says, I'm flying United Basic Economy but am a A* Gold Member of Asiana. I have Asiana membership card with the Star Alliance Gold logo on it. For United, I just joined their Milage Plus program and has no points.

So can I use the Star Alliance Gold privilleges at airports? Can I access *A lounges with United Economy boarding pass? Do I get priority checkin at United counter and extra bags? How do I show United that I am a *A Gold? By showing them my Asiana card?

Anyone has done this before please adivise. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 19, 5:43 pm

Programs: Giants Ballpark Pass. Lifetime Ambassador Club. WN A+/CP, AS MVP, UA Gold, Marriott Platinum.
Originally Posted by catennacio View Post
So can I use the Star Alliance Gold privilleges at airports? Can I access *A lounges with United Economy boarding pass? Do I get priority checkin at United counter and extra bags? How do I show United that I am a *A Gold? By showing them my Asiana card?
So first off, front line employees always determine what's happening and they're right even when they are wrong.

You should be able to use your *G benefits at United airports including Gold track, Priority check-in and United Clubs. The one thing that could make things harder is if you put your UA MileagePlus number into the reservation. Sadly I think you are only allowed one free checked bag.
Old Aug 8, 19, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
So first off, front line employees always determine what's happening and they're right even when they are wrong.

You should be able to use your *G benefits at United airports including Gold track, Priority check-in and United Clubs. The one thing that could make things harder is if you put your UA MileagePlus number into the reservation. Sadly I think you are only allowed one free checked bag.
Thanks for your answer. I actually called them and they said I should be able to get the benefits of *A Gold member by showing my Asiana card with the Star Alliance Gold logo. So I think I'm good. I only have 1 carry on and as a basic economy, if I don't have *A Gold then I will have to pay for it. Luckily thanks to *A Gold that fee will be waived and I can also have 1 more 50 lbs checked bag if I really want to.

Search this Thread