Wiki Posts
Search

the club at BWI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:10 am
rty
Original Poster

the club at BWI

I will be flying southwest airlines and will have an 2 to 3 hours layover at BWI. Will I be able to get to the lounge without having to go through TSA again after going to the lounge?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Post 64 in this thread mentions that you would have to clear security. The post is from 2017, leaving open the possibility of change:

Using Priority Pass when flying WN
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by mia
Post 64 in this thread mentions that you would have to clear security. The post is from 2017, leaving open the possibility of change:

Using Priority Pass when flying WN
There is no airside connection between Terminal D (where The Lounge is) and A-B-C (where Southwest is). A-B-C are all connected airside.
mia likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
I don't see a newer thread on this lounge, but I may end up at BWI this week and the PP site says the following:

Note: This lounge is temporarily closed until further notice due to maintenance works.
Anyone have any more information or know if this is even accurate?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by ekozie
The Club BWI has been closed for quite some time (since early May, I believe). Saw a post yesterday saying it’s scheduled to re-open on June 30th but don’t know how accurate that is.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ekozie
I don't see a newer thread on this lounge, but I may end up at BWI this week and the PP site says the following:

Being discussed over in the Mid-Atlantic Forum as well:

Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

David
ekozie likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA, AS, AA, DL
closed

and it's closed again, with plastic over the doors and a ladder inside. I'd guess staff, but who knows. There's "Club Chesapeake" but it closes at 4pm to Priority Pass members (presumably to make way for Intl pax).
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by gnetwerker
and it's closed again, with plastic over the doors and a ladder inside. I'd guess staff, but who knows. There's "Club Chesapeake" but it closes at 4pm to Priority Pass members (presumably to make way for Intl pax).
The Club at BWI is re-opening in less than a week (either June 30 or July 1). They had major plumbing and water issues. So I doubt there will be any expansion but I hope so.

Club Chesapeake is owned by British Airways and run by a management company on BA's behalf. I suspect that's why they were recently re-added back to Priority Pass as part of the other BA lounges that were added as well.

I hope both lounges remain as options for us PP users at BWI in the D/E concourse. It's always nice to have choice!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
I am heading back on 7/4 so I will update : I hope they fix the darn coffee machine ?! and add showers (!).

Club Chesapeake is PP-allowed ? nice, I will check it out if time permit .

EV-
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by ccna101
I am heading back on 7/4 so I will update : I hope they fix the darn coffee machine ?! and add showers (!).
Was just in The Club on Sunday morning, 7/24 and the coffee machine was only partially working. Some selections were labeled as out of stock. And the only thing new about The Club was some new carpet and paint/wallpaper. Apparently. the airport utilities in the ceiling above the lounge had a major rupture and flooded The Club overnight hence the sudden closure in June.

Originally Posted by ccna101
Chesapeake is PP-allowed ? nice, I will check it out if time permit.
Made the trek over to E to visit this lounge just to say I did. Very disappointing. Had to ring the doorbell several times then knock on the door to be let in. I was the only person in the lounge for well over an hour with 2-3 staff members watching tv. No bar service and limited drink selection. Had to get an employee to turn the coffee machine on. Extremely limited food to speak of...packaged muffins, potato chips and a couple pieces of fruit. The info provided on the PP app is just plain wrong. There is no alcohol available any time of day for PP as per the employee on duty. PP app says otherwise. The furniture was old, stained and some chairs had ripped fabric. The table next to the chair that I sat in clearly had a soda spilled on it that no one every cleaned up and now its just a waxy coating on the table. Men's restroom entrance is directly across from the kitchen and when I entered the door was propped open, I attempted to close the door and the employee in the kitchen just yelled "leave the door open, please". Very awkward!

My favorite part of the lounge...in the "library"/business center there were a couple computers that weren't turned on but the best part of the area was a giant chest freezer in the middle of the floor, plugged in and buzzing away. I looked inside and it was empty.

Just a really strange lounge all around!
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
I agreed with CoachBen, it is nice to see the only -decent- PP lounge in the area open: the food and booze were decent...

I will be back in the area next week: hope will check back with the same service.

EV-
HockeyCoachBen likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat
Originally Posted by rty
I will be flying southwest airlines and will have an 2 to 3 hours layover at BWI. Will I be able to get to the lounge without having to go through TSA again after going to the lounge?
is it still possible? (Flying from A-B-C and using lounge in D). Is the lounge open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.