Final Meal: last rites for Amex PP dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni

At the far end of spectrum of my profession, guys get to request a final meal before the State takes its last pound of flesh. Yes, almost always guys.

It looks like there will be no reprieve from the governor and the Amex Priority Pass will no longer have a dining component. It was clear to me that it wasn't sustainable, but it was fun while it lasted

Anyone want to join me in detailing what they ate before the lights blinked out:

DCA July 27th, Bracket Room. Four medium rare lamb lollipops and a 20 oz South Street Satan's Pony.

I have no remorse. I was a wanton recidivist and Priority Pass career criminal. I only wish that I could have continued my serial spree longer.
Rest In Peace... unless I miss a connection in ORD....

​​
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Jailer
At the far end of spectrum of my profession, guys get to request a final meal before the State takes its last pound of flesh. Yes, almost always guys.

It looks like there will be no reprieve from the governor and the Amex Priority Pass will no longer have a dining component. It was clear to me that it wasn't sustainable, but it was fun while it lasted

Anyone want to join me in detailing what they ate before the lights blinked out:

DCA July 27th, Bracket Room. Four medium rare lamb lollipops and a 20 oz South Street Satan's Pony.

I have no remorse. I was a wanton recidivist and Priority Pass career criminal. I only wish that I could have continued my serial spree longer.
Rest In Peace... unless I miss a connection in ORD....
Ummm.... you do realize that literally ever other card that offers Priority Pass, other than Amex, still allows the restaurant option going forward, right?

Regards
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by scubadu
Ummm.... you do realize that literally ever other card that offers Priority Pass, other than Amex, still allows the restaurant option going forward, right?

Regards
The executioner will be coming for you too, my friend. I vaguely considered placing this in the Amex forum, but thought it was more generic. A Mod may think differently and if better moved, so be it.

And, ummm, you did notice that the title and post referrencd Amex, right?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
The executioner will be coming for you too, my friend. I vaguely considered placing this in the Amex forum, but thought it was more generic. A Mod may think differently and if better moved, so be it.
I guess time will tell, and if it happens it happens, but right now it hasn't happened, so I prefer to operate in the factual realm rather than the hyperbolic realm. Your post seems bizarrely melodramatic given that most in these forums likely also carry a Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire in addition to Amex, so the day to day impact is likely to be minimal to most FTer's.

And, ummm, you did notice that the title and post referrencd Amex, right?
I did and as mentioned above, I just carry the PP from Chase in my wallet now, no behavior change whatsoever.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.