Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Best T1 lounge option at MEX

Old Jul 19, 19, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying Business on AA out of MEX, should have 3+ hours to kill.

I would have access to the Admirals club based on class of service, United Club because of a free pass, and any of the Priority Club lounges in T1.

Are any of the other lounges worth bypassing the Admirals club for? I do enjoy a good self service bar with interesting liquor and/or port wine if that exists there.
Old Jul 20, 19, 9:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
MEX is probably my favorite Admirals Club. It is large, uncrowded and quiet with comfortable seating and the best food that I have had at any Admirals Club save for CDG. Unfortunately for you, the bar is not self serve, but the bartenders are excellent.
Old Jul 21, 19, 12:47 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
For the Priority Pass Lounges: the Avianca lounge is self serve, but nothing to write home about (and close to the AA gates) (liquor is ok, food options are a soup, pasta and some meat item, flan is good though). The other 2 Lounges (Grand Lounge and Lounge 19) do not have self serve bars, and have a slightly long walk to the AA gates. For Grand Lounge and Lounge 19, you will be attended to by a server, who will serve you drinks, and you can get 1 entrée item for food, as well as sandwiches, chips, salad, etc.

Search this Thread