FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   Best T1 lounge option at MEX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1979269-best-t1-lounge-option-mex.html)

bbriscoe34 Jul 19, 2019 5:34 pm

Best T1 lounge option at MEX

I'm flying Business on AA out of MEX, should have 3+ hours to kill.

I would have access to the Admirals club based on class of service, United Club because of a free pass, and any of the Priority Club lounges in T1.

Are any of the other lounges worth bypassing the Admirals club for? I do enjoy a good self service bar with interesting liquor and/or port wine if that exists there.

TWA884 Jul 20, 2019 9:52 pm

MEX is probably my favorite Admirals Club. It is large, uncrowded and quiet with comfortable seating and the best food that I have had at any Admirals Club save for CDG. Unfortunately for you, the bar is not self serve, but the bartenders are excellent.

HankAAFlyer Jul 21, 2019 12:47 am

For the Priority Pass Lounges: the Avianca lounge is self serve, but nothing to write home about (and close to the AA gates) (liquor is ok, food options are a soup, pasta and some meat item, flan is good though). The other 2 Lounges (Grand Lounge and Lounge 19) do not have self serve bars, and have a slightly long walk to the AA gates. For Grand Lounge and Lounge 19, you will be attended to by a server, who will serve you drinks, and you can get 1 entrée item for food, as well as sandwiches, chips, salad, etc.

lamphs Dec 8, 2019 1:13 pm

Last week, 5 AM. I could have gone to a PP, UC, or AV, but I did no research ahead of time. I asked the UA ticket agent where the UA lounge was located - gate 19. My UA flight was departing from gate 35 (or so). She suggested that I use the AV lounge as it was across from my departure gate. Awful lounge. Located on the 1st floor. Elevator broken and the stairs seemed to be temporary. Men's room was clean, but stunk of sewage. Very few items at breakfast - mainly breads, and some refried beans. Fairly crowded. Limited self serve alcohol selection (not a big deal as I do not drink in the morning). Pleasant staff, however. (She did take a picture of my UC card and my boarding pass with her phone - this was after she tapped on the computer and welcomed me in - and could not explain why she needed to take such a picture.)

TWA884 Dec 8, 2019 3:31 pm

The MEX United Club is located next to the Admirals Club. AA generally uses the same gates as United, 29-36. It has never taken me longer than 10 minutes to walk from the Admirals club to the departure gate.

tfizzle Dec 8, 2019 8:48 pm

the admirals club in MEX is probably the best aa club in the system. Bartender treated me to a mexcal tasting and then made two great cocktails... AA if you can..

Trippelone Feb 13, 2020 6:29 am

Most lounges at MEX T1 are disappointingly bad. I first went to the Iberia/BA lounge : reception was unfriendly, food selection very poor and bar service underwhelming ; it was very hot, some large A/C units were blowing cool air; very dark inside; I wouldn't recommend this lounge to anyone. I then went to the Grand Lounge elite (also KLM/Air France lounge) using my PP : friendly reception, poor selection of food and drinks, very crowded, very hot, I would not recommend this lounge. Based upon the comments of earlier posters above, I went to the AA lounge : friendly reception, good food selection, plenty of space, decent A/C, open and nice views from the lounge, friendly good English speaking bar keeper. Good selection of drinks (no American beers though in the AA lounge). This is the only lounge I would recommend at MEX T1. Remark : I missed the Amex centurion lounge since the access is only land-side and I was air-side before realizing this.