Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Question regarding Priority Pass at JFK(flying out on Jet Blue).

Question regarding Priority Pass at JFK(flying out on Jet Blue).

Reply

Old Jun 24, 19, 9:49 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 12
Question regarding Priority Pass at JFK(flying out on Jet Blue).

So, next week my son and I are flying out on Jet Blue out of JFK. It is a 8:00 pm flight, so ideally I would like to get there a little early and go to a Priority Pass lounge. I am fairly new to the PP lounge scene, so is there one I could ideally go to? Thank you.
sandman512 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 10:06 pm
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA USA
Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Posts: 42,312
JetBlue flies out of Terminal 5, and unfortunately the PP app does not list any eligible lounge in T5.
dhuey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 19, 10:49 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Posts: 6,469
Using the PP website or APP you can review the options at JFK, the locations of these lounges & entry details of the options.

There are reviews of the lounges and dining options here on FT & online that should be read so your expectations are set appropriately.

TSA at JFK have not given me any issues about entering other terminals than where my flight operated. I did just that on Saturday utilizing two of the locations.

Alternatively, Terminal 5 has some decent dining options and usually space can be found to relax a bit.

Edit, on Saturday the AirTrain was not operating and buses were required for all interterminal transport. And from the Train connecting stations & car rental location.

Last edited by Yoshi212; Jun 25, 19 at 7:42 pm
Yoshi212 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 19, 2:28 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA USA
Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Posts: 42,312
Last I checked, the only airside connection between terminals at JFK is between T2 and T4 via buses. That means taking AirTrain (landslide), and lots of time. Iíd have to have at least two hours to kill before Iíd go through all of that just to get into a lounge. Even then Iíd probably not do it.

JFK is like Heathrow in how the vast size and distance between terminals is such that youíll seldom want to venture away from your departure terminal.
dhuey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 19, 9:51 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas
Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Silver
Posts: 64
I have a 5 hour layover in JFK T8 in a few weeks, landing at 1:55p from BCN and departing at 7:00p for CLT. Tickets were booked on separate itineraries so I won't be able to access the AC or FL. Thinking about jumping over to T4 or T1 to relax in the lounge, assuming I can't get on an earlier CLT flight. I've noticed on the PP site that some lounges state that you must have a BP for a flight within that terminal. Is it safe to assume that, if this is not listed I will be able to get in with my AA BP?
wakesetter93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 19, 10:25 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LGA
Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Former Amtrak Select
Posts: 246
Originally Posted by wakesetter93 View Post
I have a 5 hour layover in JFK T8 in a few weeks, landing at 1:55p from BCN and departing at 7:00p for CLT. Tickets were booked on separate itineraries so I won't be able to access the AC or FL. Thinking about jumping over to T4 or T1 to relax in the lounge, assuming I can't get on an earlier CLT flight. I've noticed on the PP site that some lounges state that you must have a BP for a flight within that terminal. Is it safe to assume that, if this is not listed I will be able to get in with my AA BP?
In T1 the AF lounge isn't open to PP members during those hours and the KAL lounge states it requires a T1 boarding pass.
The T4 Wingtips lounge isn't worth two airtrain trips and an extra security check IMO. Just hang at a bar in T8
lost_perspicacity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 19, 1:16 pm
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA USA
Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Posts: 42,312
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity View Post
In T1 the AF lounge isn't open to PP members during those hours and the KAL lounge states it requires a T1 boarding pass.
The T4 Wingtips lounge isn't worth two airtrain trips and an extra security check IMO. Just hang at a bar in T8
Lounges rigidly enforce the PP time of day restrictions, but they donít care about which terminal youíre flying out of. I canít recall seeing anyone report that they were turned away from a lounge for that reason.
dhuey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 19, 3:40 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas
Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Silver
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity View Post
In T1 the AF lounge isn't open to PP members during those hours and the KAL lounge states it requires a T1 boarding pass.
The T4 Wingtips lounge isn't worth two airtrain trips and an extra security check IMO. Just hang at a bar in T8
Thanks for the info. Depending on how weíre feeling the wingtips lounge might be ok just to sit down and relax somewhere semi-private during our marathon trip.

Originally Posted by dhuey View Post


Lounges rigidly enforce the PP time of day restrictions, but they donít care about which terminal youíre flying out of. I canít recall seeing anyone report that they were turned away from a lounge for that reason.
Good to know, thanks. Might try our luck with the KAL Lounge in that case then.

Also, does anyone know how strict AA is with the FL access. Iíll be arriving on a TATL flight and will have boarding passes for ongoing travel though they arenít linked on one reservation. Any chance theyíll let me in with that? Unless itís a resounding no, I figure it wouldnít hurt to try.
wakesetter93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 19, 2:22 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Abidjan
Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Posts: 3,003
AA FL - connecting to or originating on a non-OW airline? No chance, Iím afraid.
Abidjan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 19, 1:53 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Dallas
Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Silver
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by Abidjan View Post
AA FL - connecting to or originating on a non-OW airline? No chance, Iím afraid.
AA Business BCN-JFK, AA Economy JFK-CLT.

Since we were already landside, we just headed over to the PP Lounge in T4 for our 5 hour layover.
wakesetter93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 19, 1:57 pm
  #11  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 80,263
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
Last I checked, the only airside connection between terminals at JFK is between T2 and T4 via buses. That means taking AirTrain (landslide), and lots of time. Iíd have to have at least two hours to kill before Iíd go through all of that just to get into a lounge. Even then Iíd probably not do it.

JFK is like Heathrow in how the vast size and distance between terminals is such that youíll seldom want to venture away from your departure terminal.
You can walk (landside) between some of the terminals. For example, I've walked from T2 to T1 and in fact walking is faster and more convenient than using the airtrain (or currently shuttle bus). To go from T4 to T1, the best option is to take the airside shuttle bus (if you're already airside) to T2, then exit and walk to your right to T1.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread