FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   Question regarding Priority Pass at JFK(flying out on Jet Blue). (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1975382-question-regarding-priority-pass-jfk-flying-out-jet-blue.html)

sandman512 Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am

Question regarding Priority Pass at JFK(flying out on Jet Blue).

So, next week my son and I are flying out on Jet Blue out of JFK. It is a 8:00 pm flight, so ideally I would like to get there a little early and go to a Priority Pass lounge. I am fairly new to the PP lounge scene, so is there one I could ideally go to? Thank you.

dhuey Jun 24, 2019 10:06 pm

JetBlue flies out of Terminal 5, and unfortunately the PP app does not list any eligible lounge in T5.

Yoshi212 Jun 24, 2019 10:49 pm

Using the PP website or APP you can review the options at JFK, the locations of these lounges & entry details of the options.

There are reviews of the lounges and dining options here on FT & online that should be read so your expectations are set appropriately.

TSA at JFK have not given me any issues about entering other terminals than where my flight operated. I did just that on Saturday utilizing two of the locations.

Alternatively, Terminal 5 has some decent dining options and usually space can be found to relax a bit.

Edit, on Saturday the AirTrain was not operating and buses were required for all interterminal transport. And from the Train connecting stations & car rental location.

dhuey Jun 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Last I checked, the only airside connection between terminals at JFK is between T2 and T4 via buses. That means taking AirTrain (landslide), and lots of time. I’d have to have at least two hours to kill before I’d go through all of that just to get into a lounge. Even then I’d probably not do it.

JFK is like Heathrow in how the vast size and distance between terminals is such that you’ll seldom want to venture away from your departure terminal.

wakesetter93 Jun 26, 2019 9:51 am

I have a 5 hour layover in JFK T8 in a few weeks, landing at 1:55p from BCN and departing at 7:00p for CLT. Tickets were booked on separate itineraries so I won't be able to access the AC or FL. Thinking about jumping over to T4 or T1 to relax in the lounge, assuming I can't get on an earlier CLT flight. I've noticed on the PP site that some lounges state that you must have a BP for a flight within that terminal. Is it safe to assume that, if this is not listed I will be able to get in with my AA BP?

lost_perspicacity Jun 27, 2019 10:25 am

Originally Posted by wakesetter93 (Post 31241828)
I have a 5 hour layover in JFK T8 in a few weeks, landing at 1:55p from BCN and departing at 7:00p for CLT. Tickets were booked on separate itineraries so I won't be able to access the AC or FL. Thinking about jumping over to T4 or T1 to relax in the lounge, assuming I can't get on an earlier CLT flight. I've noticed on the PP site that some lounges state that you must have a BP for a flight within that terminal. Is it safe to assume that, if this is not listed I will be able to get in with my AA BP?

In T1 the AF lounge isn't open to PP members during those hours and the KAL lounge states it requires a T1 boarding pass.
The T4 Wingtips lounge isn't worth two airtrain trips and an extra security check IMO. Just hang at a bar in T8

dhuey Jun 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity (Post 31245699)
In T1 the AF lounge isn't open to PP members during those hours and the KAL lounge states it requires a T1 boarding pass.
The T4 Wingtips lounge isn't worth two airtrain trips and an extra security check IMO. Just hang at a bar in T8

Lounges rigidly enforce the PP time of day restrictions, but they don’t care about which terminal you’re flying out of. I can’t recall seeing anyone report that they were turned away from a lounge for that reason.

wakesetter93 Jul 11, 2019 3:40 am

Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity (Post 31245699)

Thanks for the info. Depending on how we’re feeling the wingtips lounge might be ok just to sit down and relax somewhere semi-private during our marathon trip.

Originally Posted by dhuey (Post 31255614)

Lounges rigidly enforce the PP time of day restrictions, but they don’t care about which terminal you’re flying out of. I can’t recall seeing anyone report that they were turned away from a lounge for that reason.

Good to know, thanks. Might try our luck with the KAL Lounge in that case then.

Also, does anyone know how strict AA is with the FL access. I’ll be arriving on a TATL flight and will have boarding passes for ongoing travel though they aren’t linked on one reservation. Any chance they’ll let me in with that? Unless it’s a resounding no, I figure it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Abidjan Jul 12, 2019 2:22 am

AA FL - connecting to or originating on a non-OW airline? No chance, I’m afraid.

wakesetter93 Jul 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan (Post 31295456)
AA FL - connecting to or originating on a non-OW airline? No chance, I’m afraid.

AA Business BCN-JFK, AA Economy JFK-CLT.

Since we were already landside, we just headed over to the PP Lounge in T4 for our 5 hour layover.

MSPeconomist Jul 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey (Post 31239115)
Last I checked, the only airside connection between terminals at JFK is between T2 and T4 via buses. That means taking AirTrain (landslide), and lots of time. I’d have to have at least two hours to kill before I’d go through all of that just to get into a lounge. Even then I’d probably not do it.

JFK is like Heathrow in how the vast size and distance between terminals is such that you’ll seldom want to venture away from your departure terminal.

You can walk (landside) between some of the terminals. For example, I've walked from T2 to T1 and in fact walking is faster and more convenient than using the airtrain (or currently shuttle bus). To go from T4 to T1, the best option is to take the airside shuttle bus (if you're already airside) to T2, then exit and walk to your right to T1.