Reload this Page >

Escape Lounges at SMF: Terminal A and Terminal B

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Escape Lounges at SMF: Terminal A and Terminal B

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Buffet is back (SMF) and they put the chairs back at the bar :-). Though they are having a hard time keeping the buffet stocked and todays options were anemic at best. Terminal A closers earlier than B.
Oakshadow likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just used the B lounge. After having used other Escape lounges (BDL, MAN T1), I was surprised by how small this one was! No apron view or bathrooms either. While still somewhat nicer than the public areas, it's not a lounge to arrive at the airport early for.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
An amusing anecdote about this lounge. When there in April of this year, the coffee/espresso machine was broken with a hand-written sign indicating so.

When I was there last week, the machine was still broken with the same exact sign.

Either this is the most complex coffee machine in history or they never bothered to make the effort (or spend the money) to fix it.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
An amusing anecdote about this lounge. When there in April of this year, the coffee/espresso machine was broken with a hand-written sign indicating so.

When I was there last week, the machine was still broken with the same exact sign.

Either this is the most complex coffee machine in history or they never bothered to make the effort (or spend the money) to fix it.
It's been a running joke with my girlfriend who lives in Davis. She was just there this morning and sent me a picture of the "broken" espresso machine.
As I remember, since the lounges were opened around summer 2019, the espresso machines have been "broken" over 90% of our visits over the years, but there have been one or two times (on our first visit and as recently as late Dec 2021) where it was operational. Maybe it's seasonal? Seems odd to have a constantly broken piece of equipment out on display. Just fix it or get rid of it.
Oakshadow likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Has anyone recently visited the Terminal A location? Other reviews have complained about this lounge being small/dirty, so I'm wondering if there are more recent reports here.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 7:12 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by trek87
Has anyone recently visited the Terminal A location? Other reviews have complained about this lounge being small/dirty, so I'm wondering if there are more recent reports here.
Yes, I've recently visited. It's a small lounge (same as Pre-Covid), but not overly crowded. I havent found it to be particularly dirty; however, like every Escape Lounge Ive been to it is short staffed. Both times I was checked in at the bar.

Also, the espresso machine works now.
trek87 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 7:32 pm

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Originally Posted by SCChris
Also, the espresso machine works now.
Better hurry, I bet that thing will be out of order within a month and will take a year or more to “fix”.
SCChris and Oakshadow like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by trek87
Shots from early June:

Didn't take any of the lounge itself - it isn't the largest nor cleanest but it is a lounge at least. SMF isn't replete with them so you get what you get.

David
Oakshadow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.