Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Best lounge options for AMEX Plat & *G in SIN and HKG?

Old May 22, 19, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Topbonus Platinum

Hi all,

I am travelling with a colleague (so would need to guest him into the lounge) from SIN and HKG this week and I am wondering which are the best options for lounges for those 2 airports considering I hold the AMEX Platinum (and PP) and have *G status.
Flights are from T3 in SIN (but I read all terminals are connected airside) and T1 in HKG.

In SIN I believe the SQ *G lounge is pretty basic and maybe the Plaza Premium would be the better choice? According to AMEX T&C's I can bring an additional guest for free as a Platinum card meber?
Any advice for HKG? Is the AMEX Centurion lounge the best option here or any other options?

Thanks for any kind of help!
FlyDUS
Old May 24, 19, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
In HKG I would go to the Centurion Lounge , and perhaps check out the SilverKris lounge as well. People like the UA lounge in HKG, however I wasn’t moved all that much
Old May 29, 19, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
In HKG I would go to the Centurion Lounge , and perhaps check out the SilverKris lounge as well. People like the UA lounge in HKG, however I wasn’t moved all that much
You can't use the SIlverKris unless you are flying SQ (or Star Alliance) Business/First or you are SQ PPS member.
Old May 29, 19, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyDUS View Post
Hi all,

I am travelling with a colleague (so would need to guest him into the lounge) from SIN and HKG this week and I am wondering which are the best options for lounges for those 2 airports considering I hold the AMEX Platinum (and PP) and have *G status.
Flights are from T3 in SIN (but I read all terminals are connected airside) and T1 in HKG.

In SIN I believe the SQ *G lounge is pretty basic and maybe the Plaza Premium would be the better choice? According to AMEX T&C's I can bring an additional guest for free as a Platinum card meber?
Any advice for HKG? Is the AMEX Centurion lounge the best option here or any other options?

Thanks for any kind of help!
FlyDUS
For Singapore Changi Terminal 3, I have used the Krisflyer Gold Lounge and also the SATS Premier Lounge. Both are not bad, but not great.

Krisflyer Gold Lounge experience (for Star Alliance Gold)

SATS Premier Lounge (Priority Pass)
Old May 29, 19, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2 View Post
You can't use the SIlverKris unless you are flying SQ (or Star Alliance) Business/First or you are SQ PPS member.
Agreed… However OP stated that he had star gold status so I was assuming he’ll be flying from Hong Kong on a star carrier

Regarding your statement of SQ PPS..any star gold member flying on star gold has access..

OP kindly advise your ex Hong Kong flight details for further assistance
Old May 29, 19, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Gold, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2 View Post
Correct...at SIN. At HKG, a *G travelling on a Star Alliance carrier can get into the SilverKris lounge in any class of service.

If OP has time at HKG, they can start with the SQ lounge since it's closest to exit immigration. But it doesn't have any windows so it can feel cramped. If that's not to their liking, then head to the AmEx lounge, which in my opinion is the best option, but I've found it difficult to get a good seat due to crowding. I actually like the UA lounge. It's more open than SQ, food/drink isn't bad, and seems spacious even during the time prior to mid-day UA departures. There's also a TG lounge nearby, but I've never tried it.
Old May 30, 19, 3:41 pm

Programs: Giants Ballpark Pass. Lifetime Ambassador Club. WN A+/CP, AS MVP, UA Gold, Marriott Platinum.
For what it is worth the Amex Centurion Lounge at HKG was incredibly crowded during my most recent visit---think no seats available. They had lovely tea, made a great cocktail and a decent food spread, but probably will not return.

The SQ lounge at HKG does a better job with wine than cocktails, but I find the food selection lacking. The HKG UA lounge has great showers, but I don't get the rest of the hype. The TG lounge at HKG might be my favorite with a great buffet, and this is crucial: amazing massage chairs.

So depending on your timing/journey my recommendation would be to start off at the SQ lounge to get a nice glass of sparkling, head to the United Club for a shower and then go to the adjacent TG lounge for a massage followed by noms.
Old May 30, 19, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by FlyDUS View Post
Which airlines do you travel with?

IMHO - AMEX Centurion Lounge should be your last resort, depending on what you are looking for.

Search this Thread