Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Best Priority Pass Option for AA I-D flight in MIA

Old May 15, 19, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards

Going to be flying BGI-MIA-CMH in about a week with a 3.5 hour layover in MIA. No status with AA, so was wondering what the Priority Pass option would be assuming I have time? Will I be spit out landside after going through customs and immigration?
Old May 15, 19, 7:09 am

Programs: AA GLD, IHG PLT
You won't be spit out landside after customs, but there are several PP restaurants that are landside you may want to take advantage of. I hit up Air Margaritaville (Landside) and the Corona beach house (Airside near AA gates) last time I was there on a long layover.
Old May 15, 19, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by MathMusic View Post
You won't be spit out landside after customs, but there are several PP restaurants that are landside you may want to take advantage of. I hit up Air Margaritaville (Landside) and the Corona beach house (Airside near AA gates) last time I was there on a long layover.
This is incorrect, you will of course be landside at MIA after exiting immigration and customs.

The best landside option is Viena, at the top of the MIA hotel, the elevator isn't far from where you will exit back into the terminal after customs. I would go there for an hour or two, then hit the Air Margaritaville for a drink before going through security, then once airside Corona Beach House is your only option.
Antarius, JDiver and cuthroat like this.
Old May 15, 19, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
You will be spit out landside after customs. Once outside customs, you will drop off your bag at the connections center and you can immediately re-enter the terminal through the TSA checkpoint right outside customs or you can enter through any of the other checkpoints throughout the terminal.
Old May 15, 19, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Only a handful of airports in the Caribbean have pre-clearance for US immigration. Barbados is not one of them.
JDiver likes this.
Old May 15, 19, 8:13 am

Programs: AA GLD, IHG PLT
My mistake, thinking about it harder yeah you would be airside after customs. But 3.5 hrs is definitely enough time to hit a couple of the restaurants.
Old May 15, 19, 9:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moved to the Airport Lounges forum, as it’s more about Priority Pass Lounges at MIA than about American Airlines.

Old May 15, 19, 10:22 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm. SPG LT Titanium. UA 712,524 miles and no longer trying.
I was at the Corona beach house last week. Perfectly pleasant. Both times I was there it seemed like if you were willing to sit at the bar then there wasn't a problem but if it was crowded I had the sense Priority Pass people were kept waiting. No real data to back that up it was just my impression.
Old May 15, 19, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
This is incorrect, you will of course be landside at MIA after exiting immigration and customs.

The best landside option is Viena, at the top of the MIA hotel, the elevator isn't far from where you will exit back into the terminal after customs. I would go there for an hour or two, then hit the Air Margaritaville for a drink before going through security, then once airside Corona Beach House is your only option.
How much time should I plan to get to my gate, should I go somewhere landside? I should have precheck.
Old May 15, 19, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
I fly the CMH-MIA-BGI route biweekly.

Will be flying tomorrow if you need guested in to either Centurion or AA lounges.

MIA is a large airport with D terminal spanning some 60 gates. The BGI flight usually leaves from gate 40-48 but this is never certain and I've left from D7 recently. This is quite some distance from the Corona Beach house (D24). Best to take the Skytrain to move within Terminal D. Depending on how far you are from the gate. I would allow 25 minutes if having to take the skytrain to opposite ends of the terminal.

Checkout the Tiki Bar while in Barbados. Great beach bar with good food at a reasonable price.

Search this Thread