Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Lounge etiquette for a couple using a shower?

Old May 14, 19, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC

I was just wondering a hypothetical. Is it considered improper for a couple to use the same shower stall together and ask for an extra towel? I certainly get that it could give an appearance of impropriety, but it also makes it faster and gets more people through the showers faster leaving them available for more people. I mean, it's certainly similar to a standard routine at home where one of us uses the sink while the other showers and then switch it out (and our bathroom is smaller than many lounge showers stalls).

I guess it would probably depend on what country you're in. Probably a lot less scandalous at LAX compared to JED.

Thoughts?
Old May 15, 19, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I have done this a few times (QF First at SYD, UA Club at EWR, BA Arrivals at LHR) when the showers were busy and nobody has batted an eyelid. Obviously it depends on the size of the room, not that many rooms are capable of comfortably fitting two people in. I think in one case it was even offered but can't remember which one it was.
Old May 15, 19, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
I've done it a few times - it's much more efficient and we sometimes share toiletries so if we went individually, one person would have to open the carry-on to get toothpaste/deodorant/etc for the other person.
Old May 21, 19, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist View Post
I was just wondering a hypothetical. Is it considered improper for a couple to use the same shower stall together and ask for an extra towel? I certainly get that it could give an appearance of impropriety, but it also makes it faster and gets more people through the showers faster leaving them available for more people. I mean, it's certainly similar to a standard routine at home where one of us uses the sink while the other showers and then switch it out (and our bathroom is smaller than many lounge showers stalls).

I guess it would probably depend on what country you're in. Probably a lot less scandalous at LAX compared to JED.

Thoughts?
seriously though, how could you not?
Old May 21, 19, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by thelark View Post
seriously though, how could you not?

I mean, appearances aren't always deceiving. Just an added advantage to help sleep well before the flight.