Wiki Posts
Search

Loungebuddy only available to Amex cardholders

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Loungebuddy only available to Amex cardholders

How to ruin a great service; since the acquisition of Loungebuddy by Amex, it is only possible to make a purchase with an American Express card. See the FAQ's here: https://support.loungebuddy.com/hc/e...ile_site=false . Even if you have an existing credit or giftcard but still need to co-pay, this is only possible with Amex.
Truly a shame that this service becomes so limited. Especially for a global company catering to travelers. Not in every country an Amex card is (easily) available.
Old May 11, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
While unfortunate for those who can't or don't want to get an AmEx, at least they aren't mandating certain AmEx cards to use them. Of course, at least in the US, AmEx cards without FTF (which you'd want to use for foreign purchases when possible) tend to be the higher end ones with AFs anyway.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
If it means more support for Loungebuddy, which is one of my most-used apps after the airline ones, I am happy to have Amex take them over. I was never sure they could survive on their own, just selling lounge passes.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
The app feels like it is bitrotting. Keeps on logging me out, etc. Hope Amex kept a developer, or two, around!
Old May 17, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
How to ruin a great service; since the acquisition of Loungebuddy by Amex, it is only possible to make a purchase with an American Express card. See the FAQ's here: https://support.loungebuddy.com/hc/e...ile_site=false . Even if you have an existing credit or giftcard but still need to co-pay, this is only possible with Amex.
Truly a shame that this service becomes so limited. Especially for a global company catering to travelers. Not in every country an Amex card is (easily) available.
How many of the lounges had exclusive Loungebuddy rates or access? I legitimately do not know, I've never used the website or app. Where I'm going with my question is, can you search the app for a lounge and then book directly with the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.