Search

Priority Pass - I think arrival lounges more important than departres

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 10:52 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Priority Pass - I think arrival lounges more important than departres

More and more I am getting less value out of priority pass as I am finding lounges closed to arrival access. Perhaps it is because my home airport has no Priority Pass lounge, but I tend to think that arrival lounges are more important as with flight delays, weather delays, less food in economy or domestic business/first that the need to grab a snack, take a shower, check the internet and make phone calls are more important on arrival.

However it seems that Priority Pass is really starting to change access to departure access only.

I am really starting to find it frustrating that I can't use my PP access. Between every AA flight being delayed lately thus making connecting flight times tight with no time to use the lounge to more lounges closing shop or starting to limit access to departing flights only, I found out of 20 possible times I could use the lounge, only about 5 times was I able to. So that $200-$300 value that I was seeing with my amex, I am now only seeing it as a $50-$100 benefit.

Am I the only one?
Old May 4, 2019, 4:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by smilee
....Priority Pass is really starting to change access to departure access only....
Priority Pass does not make these decisions. The individual lounges that accept Priority Pass as payment for access are making this choice as a way to cope with crowding. The simple reality is that demand exceeds capacity. This will work itself out of a few years, with some lounges -and- some card issuers, leaving Priority Pass, or switching from "unlimited" visits to capped usage plans. Because these decisions are made at the lounge level it also means you can try to enter. They may make an exception if there are fewer customers than expected.
krazykanuck likes this.

Last edited by mia; May 4, 2019 at 7:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.