Reload this Page >

Admiral lounge First class traveler

Old Apr 28, 19, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, SPG, Aeroplan, Airmiles

Hello:

I'm travelling with AA in First Class from Montreal to San Jose, with stopovers in New York and Chicago.
According to what I read, I'm not entitled to Admiral Lounge, I wanted knowledgeable people to confirm it.

And also, my sister is traveling in First class from Madrid to SJC (Iberia and AA) stopover in Chicago. I read that International flights give you right to the lounge as a first class passenger. In her case, it's clear that she can enters Madrid's lounge (Iberia). What about Chicago (ORD) Admiral Lounge? Are they going to consider it as a short-haul flight or they take in consideration that her trip start in Europe?

Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 19, 5:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lastcallfordeparture View Post
Hello:

I'm travelling with AA in First Class from Montreal to San Jose, with stopovers in New York and Chicago.
According to what I read, I'm not entitled to Admiral Lounge, I wanted knowledgeable people to confirm it.

And also, my sister is traveling in First class from Madrid to SJC (Iberia and AA) stopover in Chicago. I read that International flights give you right to the lounge as a first class passenger. In her case, it's clear that she can enters Madrid's lounge (Iberia). What about Chicago (ORD) Admiral Lounge? Are they going to consider it as a short-haul flight or they take in consideration that her trip start in Europe?

Thanks.
you will not have access given the flights only in North America.

Your sister will have access the entire journey, have her save her international boarding pass to show to the lounge dragons.
Old Apr 29, 19, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shadowfactor View Post

you will not have access given the flights only in North America.

Your sister will have access the entire journey, have her save her international boarding pass to show to the lounge dragons.
So, she needs to show both boarding passes, from Madrid to ORD and from ORD to SJC to get access?

Can I be her guest at the lounge?
Old Apr 29, 19, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
So, she needs to show both boarding passes, from Madrid to ORD and from ORD to SJC to get access?
Yes as she'll need to show the same day international segment for entry to the lounge.
Can I be her guest at the lounge?
This depends. If your sister has OneWorld elite status, at the Sapphire level or higher, then yes, she may guest you into the lounge. However, if she does not have elite status but is accessing the lounge via "class of service" (i.e. ticketed in business class), then no, I'm afraid not. Passengers with Sapphire or higher elite status may guest one guest into the lounge, passengers entering via class of service are not allowed to guest someone into the lounge. The exception to that statement is if a passenger is traveling in qualifying international first class. However, contrary to the subject you chose for this thread, international first class is not offered by Iberia on the Madrid to ORD route. Your sister will be traveling in business class from Madrid to ORD on Iberia.

The lounge entry requirements are pretty well documented here:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

Regards
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 29, 19, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
This depends. If your sister has OneWorld elite status, at the Sapphire level or higher, then yes, she may guest you into the lounge. However, if she does not have elite status but is accessing the lounge via "class of service" (i.e. ticketed in business class), then no, I'm afraid not. Passengers with Sapphire or higher elite status may guest one guest into the lounge, passengers entering via class of service are not allowed to guest someone into the lounge. The exception to that statement is if a passenger is traveling in qualifying international first class. However, contrary to the subject you chose for this thread, international first class is not offered by Iberia on the Madrid to ORD route. Your sister will be traveling in business class from Madrid to ORD on Iberia.

The lounge entry requirements are pretty well documented here:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

Regards
Yes. She's traveling from Alicante to Madrid and then to ORD in Business Class and then to SJC in First Class. I bought all tickets *hers and mine" with my miles and we don't have any special status. They layover is like 5 hours that's why we wanted to enter and because ORD doesn't have Priority or LoungeKey where I could have access because of my credit cards.
Old Apr 30, 19, 5:07 am

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Yes. She's traveling from Alicante to Madrid and then to ORD in Business Class and then to SJC in First Class. I bought all tickets *hers and mine" with my miles and we don't have any special status. They layover is like 5 hours that's why we wanted to enter and because ORD doesn't have Priority or LoungeKey where I could have access because of my credit cards.
Unfortunately, given what you have shared, I'm afraid your sister will not be able to guest you into the lounge.

That said, given a 5 hour layover, it might be worth purchasing an Admirals Club day pass for yourself. This would allow you to use the Admirals Club at ORD (but not the Flagship Lounge). You would only need one pass as your sister will eligible for entry to either the Flagship Lounge or Admirals Club based on class of service. The cost for one day pass would be $59. Kinda steep but might be worth it for 5 hours.

Here is the info for day passes:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp

Regards

Search this Thread