Wiki Posts
Search

JFK overnight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
JFK overnight

This summer when visiting family in Chicago, DW and I were planning on padding the trip with some east coast before and after. We’re sticking with the before part, but postponing the after part to see friends among autumn colors and inserting a few upper midwest days halfway during the summer trip.

So here’s the CSR PP question. Our JFK-SFO return flight is in the morning, and we’re thinking of ORD-JFK the evening before, passing some time at the terminal 4 Wingtips lounge overnight followed by the terminal 7 Alaska lounge for breakfast. How crazy is this?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you sure that these lounges are open 24/7? In fact, can you stay overnight in these terminals, and can you enter T7 in the evening with a boarding pass for the next day? Or can you get into T4 at all? You haven't told us what airline(s) operates your flights?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Moderator, feel free to merge into this if you like. Thanks.

JFK terminal 4 access with terminal 8 boarding pass
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
*Due to capacity concerns, Wingtips Lounge at JFK may have a blackout period for network members from 5:00 PM – 1:00 AM daily. During this time, Wingtips may not be able to accept any members using a network membership card to access the lounge.

https://wingtipslounge.com/JFK/index.php/airline-and-networks/

Why not go back home directly from ORD? Even if you can get a free night in the lounge, you will feel extremely bad next morning.
MSPeconomist and HMPS like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17
*.. Wingtips Lounge at JFK may have a blackout period for network members from 5:00 PM – 1:00 AM daily. ...
Thanks, yes I know per the PP app. The blackout period doesn’t overlap my overnight.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Have you priced rerouting yourselves ORD-SFO in place of ORD-JFK-SFO? If it is remotely close in price, I would do that before subjecting myself to an overnight at the airport.

If this is a leisure trip, consider even a cheap airport hotel at JFK changing the tickets is not feasible.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I was in the Alaska JFK lounge yesterday. I got in via an F ticket. There was a line outside for Priority Pass holders. I'm not sure why they wouldn't let them all in, as the lounge wasn't crowded.

Overall, I wasn't very impressed. The lounge itself is very spacious and comfortable, with lots of natural light and an expansive view of the taxiways and runways. Everything else, not so great. The bartender was nice enough, but he didn't seem to spend much time behind the bar. Perhaps the "please, no tipping" sign took the wind out of his service sails. In his defense, he also seemed to be tasked as a waiter, taking and delivering food orders. Most of the food available was for purchase. Slim pickings for complimentary food. Don't be too disappointed if you don't get in, PP cardholders.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
You seem adventurous, not so concerned about sleep and like traveling. Why would you want to spend a night in NY and only want to stay in the airport? Priority Pass lounges aren’t so impressive and even a great lounge gets old after a couple of hours. Priceline or Hotwire a cheap airport hotel (“cheap” around JFK is about $125) and take the subway to Williamsburg or something and go bar hopping, see a late-night small venue concert, comedy show or anything else that might suit your fancy. I promise your trip will be more fulfilling.
dhuey likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

TWA Hotel didn't come so far here, but I read the news yesterday and am considering a night there.

https://qz.com/quartzy/1620945/insid...s-glamour-era/
https://thepointsguy.com/news/attent...-reservations/
AStarr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.