Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Looking for Lounge Recommendations in TPE

Old Apr 10, 19, 4:47 am
Original Poster

I have an afternoon flight with EVA from Taipei to Hong Kong and am looking for lounge recommendations since I've never used the lounges there. I have star alliance gold and priority pas. I like lounges that have hot food for a meal, showers and massage chairs.
Old Apr 10, 19, 8:18 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Some discussion here, albeit with a different focus:

12hr layover TPE - PP allow reservation of private suites at Plaza Premium Lounge?
Old Apr 10, 19, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
SQ lounge for shower and dumplings. I didn’t like the BR lounge but it did have food variety including a hot dog bar & scoop your own ice cream. As Star Gold you’ll have access to the other BR lounge that I cannot comment on. Consider the PP Plaza Premium Lounge Suite if you have a really long time or just go into the city.

I did SQ lounge for shower, bite to eat & get some work done before heading into the city for a few hours and then back to the airport to try out the BR lounge before heading back to the SQ lounge as I found it calmer and cooler.
Old Apr 10, 19, 6:44 pm

Programs: Giants Ballpark Pass. Lifetime Ambassador Club. WN A+/CP, AS MVP, UA Gold, Marriott Platinum.
I flew through TPE via BR as a *G last September, so things should not have changed much. I liked most of the food at the SQ lounge more than at BR, but the BR showers were much nicer than at SQ. The BR *G lounge is a bit dated, but did have Moevenpick ice cream. Also--BR operates a whole bunch of lounges only one of which is for *Gs. I wanted to try their more basic lounge (because it was empty) and they would not allow me in.

Search this Thread