Lounge Access in MUC

Old Mar 29, 19, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Lounge Access in MUC

Layover in MUC flying YVR-MUC-BCN on LH. Mixed cabin; YVR-MUC is in J, MUC-BCN in Y.

Any hope of lounge access for the layover? I don't have any real status (*A silver not being a real status).

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 29, 19, 10:28 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Do you have basis to expect lounge access, other than the inbound business class flight, such as a Priority Pass or LoungeKey membership?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-josef-strauss
Old Mar 29, 19, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
No PP or anything . . . just wondering if there is anything afforded me given that the incoming international leg is in J class.
Old Mar 29, 19, 10:35 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

I think you are probably looking for this thread. I am not a Star Alliance flyer, but it doesn't look encouraging:

Arrivals Lounge - Munich?
Old Mar 29, 19, 11:23 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Janet Simons View Post
Any hope of lounge access for the layover? I don't have any real status (*A silver not being a real status).
Assuming your *S is with Air Canada, you don't get access to the *A lounges by virtue of the ticket or your frequent flyer status. (*S with LH would get access.)

If you happen to have an Amex Plat, that would get you access (but only to certain non-Schengen lounges, worthwhile only if it's a long layover). Another option is to add yourself to the meetup thread in the LH subforum. Forum members are often able to guest someone. If somebody is at MUC around the same time as you, chances are s/he can guest you.
Old Apr 3, 19, 10:50 am

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Hold on a sec, OP is arriving in J on LH. Are you telling me they would not have access to the lounge during connection?

I would be surprised if LH would outright deny someone who flew long haul J and has a connecting domestic flight to use the lounge and shower to freshen up after such a long journey! Perhaps this thread could be pushed to the LH forums as members over there are likely more knowledgeable about this one.

One final question for OP. Did you book this flight using a rewards program like Aeroplan? If so, you may want to call up Aeroplan to see if availability has opened up for the MUC > BCN segment. LH is notorious for opening up business class availability at the last minute (i.e. within 2 weeks of departure date) and you are entitled to pushed into J on that segment (for free) if availability does open up.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Apr 3, 19, 11:12 am
mia

Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post
....Perhaps this thread could be pushed to the LH forum....
There is already a thread in the LH forum. Follow the link in post 4.

Search this Thread