Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass + star alliance question

Old Mar 23, 19, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

hi guys!!
i am flying out from IAD with two family members.
I have star alliance gold and would like to check myself +1 guest to the turkish airlines lounge (flying international with United). Thing is I have another family member i need to guest in. Can I use my priority pass (basic plan) to guest her for the $35 fee? Or would I also need to pay for my self with the priority pass?
Thanks!!!
Old Mar 23, 19, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If they allow you to do this you'd be charged for two for the PP entry as your family member is not the primary member.
Old Mar 24, 19, 2:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, UA Gold MM, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
What you could do (sketchy, but usually you can get away with it), is to give them your BP and PP card and send them to the TK lounge and take another copy of your BP and *G card to the LH lounge. However, if they ask for ID at the TK lounge, they would have to admit that it is not them and leave.
Old Mar 24, 19, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass
TK + LH

Your G* status will get 2 of you into the TK lounge. Why not go 1st to the LH lounge (same concourse, across the way) and sign in 2 of you, then one of you stays in the LH lounge and 2 continue on to the TK lounge? Saves you $27!
Bear in mind that both lounges are in the B concourse and UA int'l flights operate out of C i.e. leave time to transit.

Search this Thread