Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

PDX - Priority Pass lounges and restaurants

Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Apparently, Capers Cafe is no longer an option on Priority Pass.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:57 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I still see Capers listed. Is there more than one location?
Attached Images  
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
I still see Capers listed. Is there more than one location?
Yes, there were two locations; the market and the cafe. Most bloggers are reporting both have left PP program. However, as you show, the PP website still shows the Cafe as participating and the app on my phone actually still shows both, so hard to know what the reality is at the moment.

Regards
mia likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA platinum, AMEX Plat, Hilton Gold
My PP page still shows both Capers in PDX active. Hope they still are!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubadu
Yes, there were two locations; the market and the cafe. Most bloggers are reporting both have left PP program. However, as you show, the PP website still shows the Cafe as participating and the app on my phone actually still shows both, so hard to know what the reality is at the moment.

Regards
So replying to my own post. There was clearly some confusion in the blogsphere in the last 24 hours or so on this topic. However, Priority Pass appears to have confirmed that Capers Market is no longer participating in PP, but that the Capers Cafe Le Bar will indeed continue to accept PP going forward.

As of this evening, the PP app on my phone now just shows Capers Cafe Le Bar and Capers Market is gone.

For those interested:
https://milestomemories.boardingarea...priority-pass/

Regards
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AA PPro
My PP also shows no Capers Market. It was just too good of a deal and I'll miss their breakfast sandwich, one of the best things at PDX. The cafe which is most like a restaurant/wine bar still shows it being active along with the Alaska lounge (which never has access) and House Spirits Distillery. Love live Capers Market
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:33 pm

Yep, I will miss those breakfast sandwiches as well. I really enjoyed how convenient the Caper’s market was at D/E with a massive grab and go section of food/drinks, so I’m sad about them withdrawing. I’m glad the C side Caper’s is still in the program, although I do wonder about if they will continue participating long term, if it will be sustainable. I’ve visited them twice since the changes with both visits at off peak hours, and it was still quite crowded and took 5-10 minutes of waiting at the cashier. I would imagine people who’d normally use the market are now coming over to the Caper’s restaurant. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do tighten up the program and try to do things such as restricting it to dine-in only, only accepting an outbound boarding pass, a lower credit, only able to use it at certain times, etc. I think the most likely one will be in regards to the boarding pass. But I wouldn't expect it to remain exactly how it is right now.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by redtigeriii
Yep, I will miss those breakfast sandwiches as well. I really enjoyed how convenient the Caper’s market was at D/E with a massive grab and go section of food/drinks, so I’m sad about them withdrawing. I’m glad the C side Caper’s is still in the program, although I do wonder about if they will continue participating long term, if it will be sustainable. I’ve visited them twice since the changes with both visits at off peak hours, and it was still quite crowded and took 5-10 minutes of waiting at the cashier. I would imagine people who’d normally use the market are now coming over to the Caper’s restaurant. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do tighten up the program and try to do things such as restricting it to dine-in only, only accepting an outbound boarding pass, a lower credit, only able to use it at certain times, etc. I think the most likely one will be in regards to the boarding pass. But I wouldn't expect it to remain exactly how it is right now.
PP restaurants are theoretically providing lounge alternatives, meaning a place away from the concourse to sit as well as a place to have some food or drink. And I've seen other PP restaurants require dine-in only and so that one wouldn't surprise me; in fact eliminating the market is already an indicator that dine-in may be the intended goal.

I hope outbound BP doesn't happen, though. Amex did that with the Centurion lounges and the function of 'arrivals lounges' are very useful.

Of course not being a PDX frequenter I only now realize that eliminating the Market means clearing security twice if flying out of D/E.
Edit to avoid confusion, corrected below

Last edited by Gig103; Apr 24, 2019 at 10:51 pm
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by redtigeriii
I really enjoyed how convenient the Capers market was at D/E with a massive grab and go section of food/drinks, so Im sad about them withdrawing..
Ill miss the chocolate, hot sauce, granola, and other locally-made products. Of course I could still buy and pay for them myself, but it was such a treat getting them for free!

Originally Posted by Gig103
Of course not being a PDX frequenter I only now realize that eliminating the Market means clearing security twice if flying out of D/E.
Actually, there is an airside connector between the A/B/C and D/E sides of the airport. I use it pretty much every time Im there.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by Rare
Actually, there is an airside connector between the A/B/C and D/E sides of the airport. I use it pretty much every time Im there.
I stand corrected
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Rare
Ill miss the chocolate, hot sauce, granola, and other locally-made products. Of course I could still buy and pay for them myself, but it was such a treat getting them for free!
Buying those treats was certainly nice with PP, but their prices are way higher than you can get elsewhere in town. Retail at PDX is supposed to be at street prices, but their food and to-go items are way overpriced.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Capers Cafe was still going strong with PP on 4/25. I saw at least two other people in the checkout line ahead of us paying with PP. The staff was carefully checking boarding passes, but they were looking more for the name that matches the card, not the date. Even though they don't have the wide packaged food selection that the Market does, I'm glad I can still get a reasonably good lunch to-go at the Cafe.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nookanaya
Capers Cafe was still going strong with PP on 4/25. I saw at least two other people in the checkout line ahead of us paying with PP. The staff was carefully checking boarding passes, but they were looking more for the name that matches the card, not the date. Even though they don't have the wide packaged food selection that the Market does, I'm glad I can still get a reasonably good lunch to-go at the Cafe.
Yes and hopefully it, Cafe Le Bar, will stay with PP for a long time.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I pass through PDX at least 50 times/year. $28*50= $1,400. Say half of that is actual value due to prices being inflated. $700 loss in value to me per year. I'm really not a breakfast person and 90% of my departures are early morning, so I rarely use Cafe Le Bar. I have to reevaluate holding the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AA PPro
Capers Cafe @ PDX no longer part of priority pass

A friend of mine was told this morning at PDX that Capers Cafe is no longer accepting priority pass. Any other confirmations?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.