Wiki Posts
Search

airport lounge horror stories

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
airport lounge horror stories

So... After visiting tons of lounges, I do realise a lot of lounges vary from food, cleanliness and style. Some even barely offer food.

But... There is one lounge I really dislike and it is in my home airport: Diamond lounge A gates at Brussels airport. the Star Alliance lounge The Loft by Brussels airlines in contrast, is one of my favorite lounges in the world, which is right next to the Diamond lounge for Skyteam members and priority pass holders.

The Diamond lounge is old, dirty and has barely any food choices. But yesterday was even more interesting: I grabbed some cheese and bread as breakfast. Just right after I wanted to eat, I spotted a large green hairy dot on the bread... Yep, the bread was moldy. I went to the lounge dragon to tell him there is moldy bread in the buffet. He quickly demanded to his staff to fix the issue. Half of the bread was removed. The lounge dragon was very apologetic about the incident and wanted me to fill in a complaint form. The best part of the story is when I was about to leave the lounge, I passed the buffet and still spotted some greeny slices inside the basket. Right after leaving the lounge, I said to the lounge dragon: "by the way, there are still moldy slices in the bar." I'm never gonna eat breakfast there anymore.

What is your airport lounge horror story?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
The Charlotte Admirals Club in the C/D concourse. I'm so tired of people (1) using the restroom and not washing their hands, and (2) picking up food with their hands instead of tongs. I haven't seen the same person do (1) and (2), but still! It's so way overcrowded, too, and people love having their phones on full volume speaker.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I was in the B gates version of that Diamond lounge a few days ago. Definitely run down. However, I note that the catering company is the same as for the BA lounge across the hallway (which had one or two breakfast items more, and is less dark).
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:02 pm

Changi Sinspore Business Lounge

Before I rant, I have to say flying Business from Dubai to Singapore on Singapore Airlines is amazing with the option of pre-ordering yoir meal.

Anyway on with the rant.

i used Singapore's Business Lounge in Changi, and all was going well after my flight from Dubai. I had 3-4 hours until my connecting flight. I picked a quiet corner at the back and had a some snacks before having a snooze.

I was woken up by 3 European men talking exhuberently loudly. They obviously didn't give a monkey that I was snoozing. Well I got up and shot them really dirty looks, 1 of them caught my gaze and looked like the bottom had fallen out of his seat on realising I wasn't amused. I am quite tall and these men were small.

They could have sat anywhere. The couple that had been relaxing along from me had obviously moved for these 3 loud men.

I ended up leaving this lounge and walking around the terminals to the other Singapore Business Lounge and had a nice relaxing experience.

I just hoped karma would bite them on their derriers later.

Ironically the 3 men were on my connecting flight, and as luck would have had it, one was sitting next to me, I spoke a little bit of their language, and I could see him sitting uncomfortablelly next to me, funny old thing.

A week or two later on my return flight, 3 other men of the same European nationility were sitting next to me in lounge, and they couldn't have been more opposite to their countrymen I met on the outward journey; friendly, quite and polite.

Is it me or do other travellers find groups of people more than happy to broadcast to everyone else in a lounge just as annoying.
Old May 2, 2019, 2:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I love it when someone moves near me (or paces near me) to take a loud telephone call in order not to disturb his/her traveling companions. If you're aware that your loud voice or shouting into the phone will disturb your companions, why inflict the noise on someone else?
Old May 2, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I love it when someone moves near me (or paces near me) to take a loud telephone call in order not to disturb his/her traveling companions. If you're aware that your loud voice or shouting into the phone will disturb your companions, why inflict the noise on someone else?
Because they don't have to live or work with "someone else".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.