Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Letting family use my priority pass whilst not present

Old Mar 8, 19, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Starwood SPG, Emirates Flyerclub

Hope someone can help out. I've got a priority pass card (through AMEX platinum, so can guest etc). My fiance is travelling this weekend and I'm not travelling. Could I give her my card for her to use the lounges at the airport or is it tied to my name only?

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 19, 6:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You will need to review the program rules you agreed to when your card was issued to you. But, the general terms & conditions would require your physical presence in order to admit her as your guest. Take a look to confirm.
Old Mar 8, 19, 7:50 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
The Priority Pass card is non-transferable and Customers may only use the Priority Pass Card upon signature by the Customer and up to and including the expiry date. The Priority Pass Card may not be used by any person other than the named Customer and only one Priority Pass Card may be used for each visit to a Lounge or Merchant location.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/conditions-of-use
Old Mar 8, 19, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I thought that was likely the case so in the end didn't share the card.
Old Mar 12, 19, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fudgeukraine View Post
Hope someone can help out. I've got a priority pass card (through AMEX platinum, so can guest etc). My fiance is travelling this weekend and I'm not travelling. Could I give her my card for her to use the lounges at the airport or is it tied to my name only?

Thanks
From your profile I can see that you give your location as EDI. Is it therefore safe to assume that your AMEX platinum is issued in the UK?

If it is, then you can add a free supplementary platinum cardholder to your AMEX account. The first supplementary cardholder will also recieve a priority pass of their own AND you will be gifted 5000 MR points by AMEX for adding the supplementary cardholder...
mia likes this.
Old Mar 13, 19, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Yeah based out of EDI so AMEX Platinum. I'll look into the supplementary card and see if that's an option (thought there was an annual extra fee for it so need to clarify if so before proceeding)
Old Mar 13, 19, 5:27 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yeah based out of EDI so AMEX Platinum. I'll look into the supplementary card and see if that's an option (thought there was an annual extra fee for it so need to clarify if so before proceeding)
Would the bigger question be the implications of mingling your finances by letting another person have unrestricted permission to charge anything to your AmEx account and potentially impact your own credit rating?
Old Mar 13, 19, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
There's no charge for the first suplementary UK platinum. The charge only applies if you want more than one supplementary platinum card

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Would the bigger question be the implications of mingling your finances by letting another person have unrestricted permission to charge anything to your AmEx account and potentially impact your own credit rating?
Yeah, that's a much bigger question, although the OP mentions the person in question is their fiance.

In that case the bigger question would be: If you can't trust them enough to mingle finances can you trust them enough to marry them?
Old Mar 13, 19, 10:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OT, but many fiancés never get married, sometimes due to financial issues. The word can be used as a synonym for (maybe live-in but not necessarily) boy/girl-friend.
Old Mar 14, 19, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, Yeah getting married in the summer so should be merging finances, but tbh I only took this card out for the travel benefits mostly, It's good that there's no supplementary charge so I may look at that to see if that gives the PP option.
Old Mar 14, 19, 7:52 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
.... no supplementary charge so I may look at that to see if that gives the PP option.
Supplementary Platinum card includes a Priority Pass membership. Supplementary Gold or Green cards would not.
mickeyjaw likes this.

Search this Thread