Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Difference between LoungeKey and MasterCard Airport Experience by LoungeKey

Old Mar 5, 19, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I tried creating an account through MasterCard for the MasterCard Airport Experience by LoungeKey. The website seems to accept both MasterCards that I carry (a premium one and a free one), however: no free entries attached.

Now I looked up the Brim website. I have their free card (purely for foreign transactions, since 0 forex fees), but they state that their premium cards come with a complimentary LoungeKey subscription.

So what does LoungeKey offer on top of the MasterCard version? I feel it's the same thing, but LoungeKey might offer 4 free visits per year as part of the deal?

Any experiences?
Old Mar 5, 19, 12:35 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Did you look at this page?

https://airport.mastercard.com/en/faq

How does this program differ from Priority Pass or LoungeKey?

In addition to providing access to airport lounges, the Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey program also provides you with dining, spa and retail offers within the airport. Plus, there is no need to carry around an extra card.
How many Complimentary lounge visits do I receive?

Complimentary lounge visits may be provided by your card issuer. Please refer to your Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey online account to view the number of complimentary visits you and/or your guests may have. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Customer Service team by clicking on the Help section of the website or app.
How can I find out if my issuer provides me with complimentary lounge visits?

If your issuer provides complimentary lounge visits, there will be a “Complimentary Visit” section under My Information on the app and under My Account on the web. If you do not have any complimentary visits, this section will not display. If you have additional questions, please the Customer Service team by clicking on the Help section of the website or app.
Old Mar 6, 19, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

I had the impression the comparison was more with Priority Pass than with LoungeKey.

Maybe not so bad (useless) after all then.
Old Jul 1, 19, 7:17 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, BAEC Gold, QF Gold, Hyatt Glob
It looks like the KAL lounge and PF Chang’s available on priority pass for LAX TBIT are not available in lounge key.

Search this Thread