Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

JFK or LGA lounge access - which would be better?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA

Hello, we are coming back from London on Delta and arriving into JFK on a Friday. Our flight to SDF (also on Delta) is 8 hours later from LGA. We are two adults, two boys. I'm trying to figure out where we should hang out for the duration. My husband has the Amex Corp Platinum card, we both have Priority Pass from the CSR and we both have a Delta Amex Gold.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You won't have access to JFK lounges as your onward travel is out of LGA and this would require a boarding pass for JFK airport.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
As Yoshi212 says you won't be able to get into a JFK lounge.

LGA you can get into the AMEX lounge with your husband's corporate card but it's in a different terminal than DL at LGA (though with 8 hours that isn't a big problem). Your best bet is going to be the DL SkyClub which your husband can get into for free with his AMEX but the rest of you will cost $29/person but should be able to move freely between the two DL SkyClubs at LGA.

This is all assuming that you aren't flying D1 and that neither you nor your husband has GM or above on DL which would slightly change the equation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.